Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: tived on January 22, 2010, 01:06:08 am
-
Hi guys,
we sit here with out expensive monitors. I currently have a EIZO CG241W at work and a NEC 2690v2 at home
I profile both my monitors with iMatch iOne2
Gamma 2.2
6500K
120 cd/m
The EIZO is set to CAL and the NEC is set to use aRGB. I think CAL is the wide gamut on the EIZO
at work I print to a HP Z3100 and when i send my images to the printer they are darker, I have to open up my levels by 30 points I am however also getting a red cast in the shadows.
I am trying to isolate this problem, by making sure that my screen is correct, the printer is profiled.
thanks guys
Henrik
-
I need to add, that on my screen the image looks great with no red in the shadows, and when I say shadows, you know on a portrait just where the hair goes over the face as an example
thanks
Henrik
-
A couple of suggestions/questions:
If I remember correctly, CAL mode uses the built-in internal lookup table in the monitor. If you are not using the Eizo software to calibrate, this could be causing the problem.
You might want to try calibrating with monitor set to Adobe 98.
Is there any other color management active on your system? (in reference to Windows-based systems). If so, try turning it off.
If you are using a wide-gamut display, try creating a monitor profile using a spectro, rather than a colorimeter.
I have used this monitor quite a bit, printing to a Z3100 and Z3200, and Epson 7900. Also the HP Dreamcolor monitor. I get near-perfect screen to print match. However, I use 5500k white point, which some may not agree with.
David