Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: feppe on January 20, 2010, 07:10:29 pm

Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: feppe on January 20, 2010, 07:10:29 pm
The prosecution presents exhibit A:
Quote from: michael
The name of the site is The Luminous Landscape, but if you spend any time here at all you'll discover that it concerns itself with every aspect of photography, both esthetic and technical.
[...]
The only restriction is that pictures of cats are not allowed. Cat photographers are respectfully redirected to DPReview.  
(latter emphasis mine)

Followed by exhibit B, a recent photograph by Mr Reichmann:



I know you want it. I know you need it! And you shall get it; my humble contribution below. Please note weird composition, improper use of wide angle zoom, blown highlights, incorrect focus, and bemused subject - all staples of proper cat photography.

I'm so going to burn in hell...
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Bill Caulfeild-Browne on January 21, 2010, 12:44:14 am
Quote from: feppe
The prosecution presents exhibit A:

(latter emphasis mine)

Followed by exhibit B, a recent photograph by Mr Reichmann:



I know you want it. I know you need it! And you shall get it; my humble contribution below. Please note weird composition, improper use of wide angle zoom, blown highlights, incorrect focus, and bemused subject - all staples of proper cat photography.

I'm so going to burn in hell...


Right on, Feppe!
Bill
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Ray on January 21, 2010, 12:50:44 am
Is that a cat photo? Seems to me like a study in red, blue, yellow and grey   .
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: ErikKaffehr on January 21, 2010, 01:38:15 am
Yes!

Hurray!

[attachment=19601:20090530...DSC03133.jpg]

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: feppe
The prosecution presents exhibit A:

(latter emphasis mine)

Followed by exhibit B, a recent photograph by Mr Reichmann:



I know you want it. I know you need it! And you shall get it; my humble contribution below. Please note weird composition, improper use of wide angle zoom, blown highlights, incorrect focus, and bemused subject - all staples of proper cat photography.

I'm so going to burn in hell...
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Ray on January 21, 2010, 02:56:53 am
Quote from: ErikKaffehr
Yes!

Hurray!

[attachment=19601:20090530...DSC03133.jpg]

Best regards
Erik

Sorry! Erik. Not a patch on Michael's shot. Yours is just a cat. (Are we still friends?   ).
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: michael on January 21, 2010, 07:32:17 am
I knew someone would latch onto this sooner or later.

The rule is that everyone is allowed one cat picture a year, and it can't be their own.

More than that and your Forum account here will be suspended, but you'll be given a complimentary account on DPreview so you can feed your habit.

Michael
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Peter McLennan on January 21, 2010, 11:25:43 am
Busted!  : )

Here's Riley's opinion of these Draconian Regulations

(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3363/3210005055_6a0a14919b_o.jpg)
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Justan on January 21, 2010, 12:54:34 pm
[attachment=19606:booster.jpg]
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: ErikKaffehr on January 21, 2010, 01:52:04 pm
Yes Sir, still friends!

Erik


Quote from: Ray
Sorry! Erik. Not a patch on Michael's shot. Yours is just a cat. (Are we still friends?   ).
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on January 21, 2010, 06:21:45 pm
My favorite cat photo:

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/God-kills-kitten.jpg)

Does that mean I'm going to Hell, too, or just that I'm single-handedly (at least most of the time) responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of cute little fuzzies?
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Ray on January 21, 2010, 08:38:27 pm
Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
My favorite cat photo:

 .
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: wolfnowl on January 22, 2010, 12:33:59 am
Well, if I must, I must...

[attachment=19629:DSCF5810.jpg]

Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Robert Spoecker on January 22, 2010, 12:52:36 am
The next time I post anything I am going to think it over very, very carefully. Look at what I have wrought with a thread that started with a question on the appropriateness of nudity. Naked ladies, not naked cats.

I am SO SORRY.      

Robert
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Ray on January 22, 2010, 03:15:36 am
Quote from: Robert Spoecker
The next time I post anything I am going to think it over very, very carefully. Look at what I have wrought with a thread that started with a question on the appropriateness of nudity. Naked ladies, not naked cats.

I am SO SORRY.      

Robert

No worries, Robert. As long as you appreciate my nudes against the Himalayan dawn, that's fine by me. Don't trouble yourself over this.  
Title: Cat pictures!
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on January 22, 2010, 05:17:54 am
If it's one cat a year then I'm going to cheat and show an image from 2009 and 2010!    

(http://www.studio-beni.net/Cat1.jpg)

Cat & the Cymbals, Old City Jerusalem 2009

(http://www.studio-beni.net/cat2.jpg)

Abuhav Mist, Old City Safed 2010


Admittedly the cat in the 2nd image is almost impossible to see in an image this size, it's perched above that short wall on the left hand side, underneath the 2nd street lamp and watching those birds on the street in the distance.