Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: OleValdal on January 19, 2010, 05:53:39 pm

Title: Printing with gallery wrap in Lightroom
Post by: OleValdal on January 19, 2010, 05:53:39 pm
Is there any way to make Lightroom add (user adjustable) gallery wrapping to canvas prints without going through Photoshop?
Using some kind of template (not very likely i guess) or plugin?
Title: Printing with gallery wrap in Lightroom
Post by: dgberg on January 20, 2010, 08:53:49 pm
Geniune Fractals 6.
It does require Photoshop. At the time I purchased GF 6 I did not have Photoshop and was required to purchase it so GF 6 would work. To this day all I use Photoshop for is the pass through for all my plugins that require it.
Lightroom does it all for me.
Title: Printing with gallery wrap in Lightroom
Post by: ghaynes754 on January 20, 2010, 10:13:12 pm
Or Colorbyte Imageprint for this and lots of other reasons if you are printing on Epson printers.
Title: Printing with gallery wrap in Lightroom
Post by: John McDermott on January 21, 2010, 09:52:46 am
Qimage has recently added support for canvas printing to its Studio edition.
Title: Printing with gallery wrap in Lightroom
Post by: OleValdal on January 22, 2010, 09:44:07 am
How does Imageprint or Qimage integrate with a workflow so far almost exclusively based on LR? Hefty pricetag on Imageprint if only used for gallery wraps...

Genuine Fractals might be an option, although I was hoping for some method making it possible to exlclude PS. Today I use an action in Photoshop, but find it annoying having to leave LR and print from PS. It´s confusing getting the measurements and sharpening correct in print if the wrapped photo is returned to LR for printing.

To further add to annoyments I use the 64-bit version of PS, and recently discovered that very few plugins support 64-bit (no, I almost never use plugins).
Title: Printing with gallery wrap in Lightroom
Post by: ghaynes754 on January 22, 2010, 10:39:57 am
Ah the vagaries of software.  We want the universal tool set that does it all, kind of like WD-40, duct tape and a hammer.  My workflow with Colorprint is import to LR, make adjustments as needed, open the edit through LR to PS, make any adjustments not able to be done in LR, use the Genuine Fractals to do the scaling, save the work and print through ColorPrint 8.

If I want imaged edges I do that in Colorprint.  If I want black on the wrap I do that in PS after GF by changing the canvas size with a black base.
Title: Printing with gallery wrap in Lightroom
Post by: dgberg on February 18, 2010, 06:26:25 am
Quote from: OleValdal
How does Imageprint or Qimage integrate with a workflow so far almost exclusively based on LR? Hefty pricetag on Imageprint if only used for gallery wraps...

Genuine Fractals might be an option, although I was hoping for some method making it possible to exlclude PS. Today I use an action in Photoshop, but find it annoying having to leave LR and print from PS. It´s confusing getting the measurements and sharpening correct in print if the wrapped photo is returned to LR for printing.

To further add to annoyments I use the 64-bit version of PS, and recently discovered that very few plugins support 64-bit (no, I almost never use plugins).

Want to clear up a couple of things for you based on your above comments. I see you have Lightroom and I believe Photoshop as well. With Genuine Fractals you do not have to do anything in Photoshop it is all automatic. You send the image from Lightroom to GF6 and it opens photoshop at the same time. You do all of your selections in GF6 ,sizing stretched edges and even sharpening and click apply. Everything is processed automaticly back through Photoshop and the image is sent back to Lightroom ready to print. Open the print dialog and print. This takes me all of 2 minutes. I have tried many programs to print from and Lightroom in my opinion has them all beat. YOMV