Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bohngy on January 13, 2010, 03:42:48 pm
-
Hi all, I wonder if you could help with a problem with a recently acquired Canon iPF6100. The prints look like the head is hitting the paper, but the position where it hits is not consistent, sometimes at the right hand side of the image (as its printed) sometimes on the left. Either way, adjusting the head height on the front panel of the printer isn't fixing the problem. I have set it to auto and maximum etc...
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what might be causing it. I've included a scan of a print.
Thanks in advance, Ben[attachment=19438:canon_ipf_0315.jpg]
-
That definitely looks like head strikes. How curly is the paper? Have you tried leaving the headheight at auto but increasing the vacuum strength?
Neil
-
Ben,
If you're not a member of the Wiki for iPF printers, you may like to check it out (http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/). Lots of info and helpful folks.