Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vandevanterSH on January 09, 2010, 05:49:03 pm
-
I'm a hobbyist who has limited learning to print to a few Epson papers. Now trying Gold Fibre Silk using Mac Pro, 10.6.2, LR, 4880 and Ilford profile. In "Print Settings" > layout >printer settings > media type, only Epson papers are listed...How do I edit the list to add Gold fibre?
Thanks:
Steve
-
Steve,
You don't. Each paper, when printed on an Epson printer, is set for a specific Epson paper type, as recommended by the paper manufacturer. In the case of Gold Fiber Silk, it will be a paper type that uses the PK (glossy) ink, not MK (matte).
Check their website for specific recommendations for your printer.
Aloha,
Aaron
-
Steve,
You don't. Each paper, when printed on an Epson printer, is set for a specific Epson paper type, as recommended by the paper manufacturer. In the case of Gold Fiber Silk, it will be a paper type that uses the PK (glossy) ink, not MK (matte).
Check their website for specific recommendations for your printer.
Aloha,
Aaron
Thanks for the help!! There is no listing for 4880 but I assume 4800 will be OK...It's Semi-Gloss Photo Paper..
Steve
-
Steve,
Glad to help. Yes, that's probably the best choice for that paper on your 4880. Nice machine. I think you'll really like the results.
Aloha,
Aaron