Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on January 07, 2010, 03:04:49 pm
-
Can it be done? Epson seem to imply not.
What are the tricks, if it's possible, and what canvas would you recommend (preferably one with a profile for the 3800)?
Jeremy
-
I've done it. You have to tape something stiff to the cut canvas to feed it into the manual rear feeder of the printer. i used a sheet of regular photo paper. You then have to specify a custom size for the combo in the software, and direct the software to print on the part of the custom size that is the canvas. The printer will not accept just a sheet of canvas, on it's own. I used Lightroom to set up the custom size and print on the canvas portion. Came out very nice.
-
I tried this with my 3800 and had mixed results. Sell your 3800 and by a 48 series or better yet go big with a 7900/9900.