Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vandevanterSH on January 06, 2010, 03:59:15 pm
-
I have moved my 4880 and want to change from USB to wireless. My network "chain" is MacPro-AirPort Extreme-AirPort Express-USB-4880. The printer is added to the network and is recognized by light Room...when I send a print job, I get a communications error. I have a general purpose Canon printer on another AirPort express that functions properly.
Help for a fix??
Thanks:
Steve
-
I have moved my 4880 and want to change from USB to wireless. My network "chain" is MacPro-AirPort Extreme-AirPort Express-USB-4880. The printer is added to the network and is recognized by light Room...when I send a print job, I get a communications error. I have a general purpose Canon printer on another AirPort express that functions properly.
Help for a fix??
Thanks:
Steve
I don't believe the Epson printers are supported via the USB port of an airport. However you should be able to connect to the airport express via ethernet. I and many others have been doing this for years. Make sure you set up the express to use the ethernet port.
-
I don't believe the Epson printers are supported via the USB port of an airport. However you should be able to connect to the airport express via ethernet. I and many others have been doing this for years. Make sure you set up the express to use the ethernet port.
Wayne's correct. Whilst you might be able to print from the USB port of the Airport, you won't get proper bi-directional comms and so you won't get ink levels or other functionality from your Remote Panel software. The ethernet method will work perfectly as the wireless just becomes a bridge of the network - so it's not different really than a direct network connection.
-
I don't believe the Epson printers are supported via the USB port of an airport. However you should be able to connect to the airport express via ethernet. I and many others have been doing this for years. Make sure you set up the express to use the ethernet port.
Thanks for the help..I'll give it a go....I'm a bit computer challenged..During my "prime" learning years, computers ran on vacuum tubes. :>)
Steve