Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: photomike on January 06, 2010, 11:36:10 am

Title: Longest print from Epson 9900
Post by: photomike on January 06, 2010, 11:36:10 am
I have an Epson 9900, printing from Photoshop 7, XP Home edition.  

What should be the longest print that I can do from this?  Have done a number of 44x60's and last night a pile of 44x72's.  But I am wondering what the length limit will be.
Title: Longest print from Epson 9900
Post by: Sven W on January 06, 2010, 12:59:12 pm
Quote from: photomike
I have an Epson 9900, printing from Photoshop 7, XP Home edition.  

What should be the longest print that I can do from this?  Have done a number of 44x60's and last night a pile of 44x72's.  But I am wondering what the length limit will be.

There has been discussion about this issue before, but I'll give it a try:
1. The printdriver can handle up to 15 meters= 50 feet= 590 inch for Ep 9900.
2. But it depends very much on your images file-size, i.e. the amount of Mb.
3. The system eats memory very fast, when the image spools to the printer. I don't have any figures, but
when I try to print an image over 500 Mb with 6 Gb memory, nothing happens.

I solved it with ImagePrint (100 feet limit) which deals with the image-size different than PS + system.
/Sven
Title: Longest print from Epson 9900
Post by: dgberg on January 06, 2010, 02:25:33 pm
My system has crashed(Not printed) more then once with large files. Really large files from 500mb to over 1gb may not print through the normal driver. I have a Mac Pro with 10mb of ram and still have an occasional problem.
All that aside I just printed with my 9900 a 10 foot by 3 foot pano (425mb image) with no problems. Unless you are really going big for the majority of your prints(8 to 10 feet and longer) The Epson driver is more then adequate.
Title: Longest print from Epson 9900
Post by: vgogolak on January 06, 2010, 03:16:29 pm
Quote from: Dan Berg
My system has crashed(Not printed) more then once with large files. Really large files from 500mb to over 1gb may not print through the normal driver. I have a Mac Pro with 10mb of ram and still have an occasional problem.
All that aside I just printed with my 9900 a 10 foot by 3 foot pano (425mb image) with no problems. Unless you are really going big for the majority of your prints(8 to 10 feet and longer) The Epson driver is more then adequate.

Well, it's a 7900 that I have, and only tried up to 2m (about75")
BUT, it was a 7 stich from the P65+ and the file was 1.5 GB.

Qimage handled it just fine.

Victor