Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 01, 2010, 10:29:28 pm

Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 01, 2010, 10:29:28 pm
It is becoming annoying... my Safari often freezes while clicking on certain threads, especially those with a lot of images attached (like "recent professional work", etc.). When it happens, I open the same thread in Firefox and it works fine. Anyone with a fix?
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Craig Lamson on January 01, 2010, 10:57:34 pm
Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
It is becoming annoying... my Safari often freezes while clicking on certain threads, especially those with a lot of images attached (like "recent professional work", etc.). When it happens, I open the same thread in Firefox and it works fine. Anyone with a fix?

W7?
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 01, 2010, 11:05:30 pm
Why not make Firefox your default browser? Or Opera? Opera always works fine on LL for me. Opera and Firefox are the browsers I use for almost everything. If a website doesn't behave with either of them, I then go (in order) to Chrome, Safari, and finally Internet Exploiter.
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 02, 2010, 04:55:18 am
Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
It is becoming annoying... my Safari often freezes while clicking on certain threads, especially those with a lot of images attached (like "recent professional work", etc.). When it happens, I open the same thread in Firefox and it works fine. Anyone with a fix?
Try deleting your Safari preferences and perhaps any cookies you have which are linked to this site. I use Safari all the time, and while it does crash occasionally, I've never had a problem with these forums.

Jeremy
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on January 02, 2010, 06:59:30 am
I've never had a problem browsing these forums with Safari, either on my Macbook, Windows machine, or Ipod Touch.
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: mguertin on January 02, 2010, 01:29:48 pm
Try clearing your cache in Safari as well as the cookies.  It's possible that there's something "stuck" in cache that's causing your troubles.
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 02, 2010, 03:36:21 pm
Thanks everyone! I helps to know it is only my Safari. I do cache cleaning regularly, but this time I trashed plist as well. So far it works good, i.e., I have not been able to recreate the crash by visiting several pages loaded with images in the infamous (for me) "recent professional work" thread.
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: richard laughlin on January 02, 2010, 04:13:56 pm
Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
Thanks everyone! I helps to know it is only my Safari. I do cache cleaning regularly, but this time I trashed plist as well. So far it works good, i.e., I have not been able to recreate the crash by visiting several pages loaded with images in the infamous (for me) "recent professional work" thread.
I also see it... with the message that it is caused because of "slow script access" .... and then I move on...
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Dick Roadnight on February 25, 2010, 01:57:12 pm
Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
It is becoming annoying... my Safari often freezes while clicking on certain threads, especially those with a lot of images attached (like "recent professional work", etc.). When it happens, I open the same thread in Firefox and it works fine. Anyone with a fix?
The Hasselblad site does not work well with Safari, and is not supported, and something else I wanted to do did not work with safari, and I do get problems on this site with Safari, particularly when there are lots of pictures, and Firefox has just been improved, so I will now use it as my default browser.
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Wayne Fox on February 25, 2010, 02:07:59 pm
Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
I've never had a problem browsing these forums with Safari, either on my Macbook, Windows machine, or Ipod Touch.

ditto.  Can't think of a single time it's happened.
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: ysengrain on February 27, 2010, 12:10:43 pm
Hi,
I don't know if "my" solution is the good one, but as it has not been quoted: try repairing authorisations by using "Disk Utility
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Mort54 on March 02, 2010, 12:51:14 pm
Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
It is becoming annoying... my Safari often freezes while clicking on certain threads, especially those with a lot of images attached (like "recent professional work", etc.). When it happens, I open the same thread in Firefox and it works fine. Anyone with a fix?
Hmmmm?? I use nothing but Safari and never have problems on this site. This is both on my laptop (with limited RAM) and on my desktop machine.
Title: Frequent Safari freezes on this site's forums...
Post by: Anthony R on March 04, 2010, 05:17:22 pm
One of the computers I use has this problem as well. The others do not. I haven't found a fix, but I'm going to try trashing the plist.