Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PhillyPhotographer on January 01, 2010, 02:03:43 pm

Title: Steel Forest
Post by: PhillyPhotographer on January 01, 2010, 02:03:43 pm
Shot through the bus window on the New Jersey Turnpike going from Philadelphia to New York City.

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2669/4207285961_5ece10b705.jpg)
Title: Steel Forest
Post by: dchew on January 01, 2010, 02:45:39 pm
Wonderful. It feels like a very delicate, beautiful photograph, yet there are really only two tones and the subjects aren't delicate at all.

Perhaps you should do a portfolio of train ride images.

Dave
Title: Steel Forest
Post by: RSL on January 01, 2010, 02:59:44 pm
Good shooting, Michael. It's not easy to do this from a moving vehicle. I tried to see what your shutter speed was, but the image has no exif data associated with it.
Title: Steel Forest
Post by: PhillyPhotographer on January 01, 2010, 03:14:21 pm
Quote from: RSL
Good shooting, Michael. It's not easy to do this from a moving vehicle. I tried to see what your shutter speed was, but the image has no exif data associated with it.


ISO 400

F7.1

1/500
Title: Steel Forest
Post by: francois on January 01, 2010, 03:30:11 pm
Congrats. I like the subject very much and the high contrast B/W treatment is verx appropriate.
Title: Steel Forest
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 01, 2010, 07:27:25 pm
Wow! Looks nothin' like the occasional bus window photos I've done. If you had said you moved your tripod around to at least 17 different positions for about an hour before setting up to shoot this scene, I'd have believed you. Beautifully composed and elegant (so much for the slow, contemplative way of working).

Eric