Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bongobongo on December 31, 2009, 08:56:32 pm
-
Hi.
I'm to photo some oilpaintings then print them out on Epson 3880
Most in A3 size I guess.
They are to be sold.
Could someone please recommend some nice papers for this type of job?
Some more information. They are to be sold in in a low cost country so
it would be nice to be able to use some paper that keep production cost
"low" but at the same time produces great and long lasting prints.
(if possible combinatioin )
Another thing is this:
Most of the buyers will probably not put the print behind glass.
Therefore if the paper, print combo will make the colors last long without
any glass protection .... even better.
Regards
-
Hi.
I'm to photo some oilpaintings then print them out on Epson 3880
Most in A3 size I guess.
They are to be sold.
Could someone please recommend some nice papers for this type of job?
Some more information. They are to be sold in in a low cost country so
it would be nice to be able to use some paper that keep production cost
"low" but at the same time produces great and long lasting prints.
(if possible combinatioin )
Another thing is this:
Most of the buyers will probably not put the print behind glass.
Therefore if the paper, print combo will make the colors last long without
any glass protection .... even better.
Regards
I suggest Breathing Color Chromata White or Lyve Canvas coated with their Glamour 2. After coating, cold mount to gatorfoam. No glass, high quality, on canvas so it matches the oil painting. Quite long lasting.
-
I suggest Breathing Color Chromata White or Lyve Canvas coated with their Glamour 2. After coating, cold mount to gatorfoam. No glass, high quality, on canvas so it matches the oil painting. Quite long lasting.
Hi Wayne
and thanks for your suggestions....
Will definitely order a couple of test rolls from them. Look very promising.
Another question:
For some other prints... I was thinking aobut using "Kapa fix" for mounting the print on....
Gatorfoam looks more sturdy and probably more expensive....
Do you know about a site that compares different types of stuff like Gatorfoam and "Kapa fix"?