Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: meurten on December 31, 2009, 07:05:05 am

Title: Faint (strange) blue border with Epson 2400
Post by: meurten on December 31, 2009, 07:05:05 am
Hi.

I like to print with a white a white border along the photo's, but for some time whenever I print from photoshop cs4 I get a very faint blue colour in the border outside of the photo up untill 5 mm along every edge where it will be pure paper white again.  
I've had the same problem with printing from lightroom. I have solved that by changing the guide lines to match every side of the photo. Before that wasn't necessary.
I believe it occurred just after installing snowleopard.
Anybody suggestions how to fix this or what this is?

thanks,

Maarten
Title: Faint (strange) blue border with Epson 2400
Post by: mikeseb on December 31, 2009, 08:00:27 am
I had exactly the same problem with my 3800, printing from Lightroom after upgrading to Snow Leopard. I fixed it the same way you did.

Must be a discrepancy between the way LR / PS and the Epson drivers interpret the printers' "printable" borders.
Title: Faint (strange) blue border with Epson 2400
Post by: meurten on January 03, 2010, 03:45:56 pm
Thanks for the reply.
I am not sure if you can drag guidelines in photoshop that will overcome the problem. As is possible in Lightroom.
to me it more likely seems some kind of a preference, or something in the print panel but I have no idea what it is.
I hope somebody else knows

Maarten