Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RobReuthal on December 30, 2009, 05:16:29 am
-
Hello, I´m Robert, come from Germany and works with Sony Alpha 200 & Alpha 700. I´ll make here my debut with some different landscape pictures, I´m not only a landscape photograph, I make architekture, nature, street and all what me brings fun. I´ll hope I find here some suggestion, inspiration and nice smalltalk about the pichtures . My english is not allways correctly , so sorry for that
Foggy
(http://web145.mis28.de/luminous_landscapes/foggy1.jpg)
Lonely Tree
(http://web145.mis28.de/luminous_landscapes/lonely_tree.jpg)
Indian Summer in Germany
(http://web145.mis28.de/luminous_landscapes/indian_summer.jpg)
Big energy for small town
(http://web145.mis28.de/luminous_landscapes/contrasts.jpg)
cu Robert
-
The pics are good Robert, and your English is much better than my German. I especially like No 1 & 3.
Dave.
-
Robert,
Welcome to the forum! And thank you for sharing your photos, Indian Summer in Germany is my favourite but the three other photos are very well done. Don't worry for your english.
-
Hello, I´m Robert, come from Germany and works with Sony Alpha 200 & Alpha 700. I´ll make here my debut with some different landscape pictures, I´m not only a landscape photograph, I make architekture, nature, street and all what me brings fun. I´ll hope I find here some suggestion, inspiration and nice smalltalk about the pichtures . My english is not allways correctly , so sorry for that
cu Robert
I particularly like #2. Have you thought about cropping out most of the sky to emphasize the horizontal nature of the scene?
-
Welcome Robert! I like all the shots you posted, especially "Foggy". You framed the roof nicely with the branches. Please continue to post your work here. You seem to have a great eye for composition!
-
Thank´s for your wellcomes and well feedback.
Peter I think I remember I´ve taken the 16:9 format at this picture.
-
Rob, As soon as I saw the pictures I knew someone would suggest cropping #2, which, incidentally, is the best of a very good lot. And Peter didn't disappoint me. Don't even consider cropping it. The horizon is exactly where it should be: near the center of the picture. A centered horizon gives a feeling of stasis (equilibrium), which is exactly what you want in this minimalist shot where, incidentally, you can tell the normal direction of the wind by looking at that single, exposed tree. I also like #4 very much. It's sort of a German version of Walker Evans's approach to towns and cities.
Good shooting, and welcome.
-
Hi Robert, and welcome to the list!
Mike.
-
Lovely photos, I especially like the first two. I think the composition of the 2nd one is perfect as is, no need to crop it IMO.
-
Welcome to the forum. I like them all. They have that older Minolta quality to them, before they became Sony. You have an interesting format. It's almost 2 to 1. Most are 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 ratios. Is that a function of the camera, or is that the way you choose to crop the images?
JMR
-
herzlich willkommen!
Meiner Meinung nach, ist das dritte am besten
"Big energy for small town"...was is der Name des Dorfes?
-
Lovely photos, I especially like the first two. I think the composition of the 2nd one is perfect as is, no need to crop it IMO.
I never change a photo if it´s ready, but the suggestion I get here I can take into the next workflow for similar picture like that Thanks for your feedback.
Welcome to the forum. I like them all. They have that older Minolta quality to them, before they became Sony. You have an interesting format. It's almost 2 to 1. Most are 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 ratios. Is that a function of the camera, or is that the way you choose to crop the images?
JMR
That are Crops (most just little) the Sony only can 3:2 and 16 : 9 , I don´t like the static "DIN" formats what otherwise gives me a problem if I´ll buy pictureframes The "Minolta" Colors are really great , but sometimes to "warm"
herzlich willkommen!
Meiner Meinung nach, ist das dritte am besten laugh.gif
"Big energy for small town"...was is der Name des Dorfes?
Dank Dir, dein deutsch ist einwandfrei..but better we talk in english, so the other guys can better unterstand what we talk The "Smalltown" calls "Hochstadt" by Hanau
...Thanks again for your suggestions and wellcomes , I think I´ve a good time here with you
ps..ONE Question..is this forum just for landscapes and nature or did you share all kind of pictures here?