Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: geesbert on December 25, 2009, 03:37:28 pm

Title: remove orphaned files from lightroom library
Post by: geesbert on December 25, 2009, 03:37:28 pm
I have a lot of orphened files in my library, pictures i Imported from my desktop but long since deleted or moved the original files. how can I get rid of those automatically, is there  a function like: 'remove all orphaned files from lightroom library'?

thanks

Stefan
Title: remove orphaned files from lightroom library
Post by: wolfnowl on December 25, 2009, 04:19:37 pm
In the left hand panel of the Library module there's a 'Show Missing Files' - up near where the 'Quick Collection' is.  Click on that and it will show you which files are missing.  Select all, then delete and it will ask you if you want to remove them from the catalogue. NB:  You'll only see that 'Missing Photos' line if you actually have missing photos.

Mike.
Title: remove orphaned files from lightroom library
Post by: geesbert on December 25, 2009, 04:40:46 pm
Quote from: wolfnowl
In the left hand panel of the Library module there's a 'Show Missing Files' - up near where the 'Quick Collection' is.  Click on that and it will show you which files are missing.  Select all, then delete and it will ask you if you want to remove them from the catalogue. NB:  You'll only see that 'Missing Photos' line if you actually have missing photos.

Mike.


I don't have that or maybe christmas fogged my vision, though i definitely have missing files, where is that?

Title: remove orphaned files from lightroom library
Post by: wolfnowl on December 26, 2009, 02:07:12 am
Sorry... too much turkey on my part.  This is a feature in LR 3 Beta.  In the Library module you click on Library/ Show Missing Photos.

Like this:

[attachment=18888:LR3_2.jpg]
[attachment=18887:LR3_1.jpg]

Mike.
Title: remove orphaned files from lightroom library
Post by: geesbert on December 26, 2009, 03:27:27 am

 so there isn't a solution for LR2?
Title: remove orphaned files from lightroom library
Post by: geesbert on December 26, 2009, 04:16:51 am
LR2.6 seems to have this feature, but I had to revert to 2.6RC, as it kept on crashing with my M9 DNGs. I guess I have to wait for 2.7 then...