Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mark Potter on December 22, 2009, 07:56:59 pm
-
I have spent the last two weeks working on a painting that is 24 x 36 only to find that I cannot print 24 x 36 on a 24" printer... I know that there are default margins set by the printer but I was foolish in thinking that when framed they would not be seen but I have slivers or paper margins showing on the print.
I have tried to make a user defined paper size with no margins knowing the printer will still have them but it seems that the printer uses wider margins than a 24" frame can cover? I did a test print earlier and chose "boarders printing" in the print dialog box and it printed a bit wider but the rest of the set-up on the print specs were wrong so the color was off but it did print a bit wider but if I go back and set it for my paper - sunset textured fine art 310gm I don't have the option on beardless printing in the dialog box? but if I choose "borderless printing" first my paper selection along with a lot of others is grayed out?
I have searched for a few hours but ahem not found a solution I need to print NOW any help would be a life saver!
-
Would help to know:
Printer model
Operating System
Software through which you are trying to print.
Paul
-
Would help to know:
Printer model
Operating System
Software through which you are trying to print.
Paul
Sorry, should have thought of that, frustration levels high...
HP Z3100
Intel Mac / Snow Leopard
Photoshop CS4
-
About borderless printing on a Z3100
It ONLY works with gloss paper
Then i figured out the following
choose your paper exactly 8mm wider than 24 INCH and the exact length you need.
Make your Photo the same size.
print borderless manual
discard the " Too big" warning
succes!
Pieter
-
About borderless printing on a Z3100
It ONLY works with gloss paper
Then i figured out the following
choose your paper exactly 8mm wider than 24 INCH and the exact length you need.
Make your Photo the same size.
print borderless manual
discard the " Too big" warning
succes!
Pieter
I did discover the borderless is only for gloss/satin...
maybe I am not understanding you directions - I am making a custom paper size 24.25 x 26.25 and telling PS to print to size but the problem is when I choose my profile the option of borderless printing is not available as my profile is a matte paper - how can I do this using my profile?
Peiter, thanks so much for trying to help!!! I am desperate.
Mark
-
I did discover the borderless is only for gloss/satin...
maybe I am not understanding you directions - I am making a custom paper size 24.25 x 26.25 and telling PS to print to size but the problem is when I choose my profile the option of borderless printing is not available as my profile is a matte paper - how can I do this using my profile?
Peiter, thanks so much for trying to help!!! I am desperate.
Mark
If you want to print borderless on matte paper i think you have to trick the z3100 and make it believe it is gloss.
Then I do not know why exactly they have ruled out matte papers... there must be a good reason.
You could make a new paper preset for a gloss paper with the thickness and ink volume etc of the matte you are using. ( if that is possible)
then convert the photo in photoshop to the paperprofile you are using and try print without colormanagement- I do that often when i print 16 bit photos.
Or maybe the latter is enough - i do not know...?
you will have to try.
bis succes!
PK
-
I think its because the overspray goes onto the black foam pads on the printer but the gloss enhancer acts like a sealant and so without the gloss enhancer (no GE on matte paper) spraying onto the foam pads the pads would eventually become soaked with ink and well then you would have ink EVERYWHERE. This would result in those foam pads needing replaced too frequently. They arent cheap.
This is just me speculating of course.
-
I think its because the overspray goes onto the black foam pads on the printer but the gloss enhancer acts like a sealant and so without the gloss enhancer (no GE on matte paper) spraying onto the foam pads the pads would eventually become soaked with ink and well then you would have ink EVERYWHERE. This would result in those foam pads needing replaced too frequently. They arent cheap.
This is just me speculating of course.
Hello,
I do not know how the foam pads in the z3100 are,
but in my little canon S9000 printer ( that still works after 7 years- good product!) I get the foam peds out wash them - dry them and put them back in again... (take care!)
ansd reset the software of the printer so it knows it is clean...
But then it is different ink...