Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: chez on December 20, 2009, 05:17:10 pm
-
I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the roller marks off of Epson Exhibition Fiber and my Z3100 printer. I've read the posts here, tried all their suggestions, some improvement, but when looking at some B&W prints that have a large section of very dark sky, I still see these roller marks. Suggestions, ideas etc... from anyone would be very much appreciated.
I know there was an upgrade to the rollers. Would getting this upgrade help with these roller marks on EEF paper? Has anyone made this upgrade and seen this problem go away.
I really like both the feel and the finish of EEF, but the roller marks are a killer for me.
Thanks ahead of time for peoples suggestions.
Harry
-
Make sure you have maximum detail, and more passes turned off (unchecked)!
If that's already done, than I would be clueless. I had problems printing on Ilford Gold Fiber Silk, which is almost exactly the same, and as soon as I turned those 2 check marks off, perfect prints every time.
Hope that it works.
Cheers
GG
I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the roller marks off of Epson Exhibition Fiber and my Z3100 printer. I've read the posts here, tried all their suggestions, some improvement, but when looking at some B&W prints that have a large section of very dark sky, I still see these roller marks. Suggestions, ideas etc... from anyone would be very much appreciated.
I know there was an upgrade to the rollers. Would getting this upgrade help with these roller marks on EEF paper? Has anyone made this upgrade and seen this problem go away.
I really like both the feel and the finish of EEF, but the roller marks are a killer for me.
Thanks ahead of time for peoples suggestions.
Harry
-
I have the new rollers etc. and did not have any problems - but will check again for dark even areas.
I found it one of the best papers I came across for BW
With Ilford Fibre Silk _ The GE did not work at all -as often is the case with thrid party papers. What i liked about that paper was the smell reminding me of the darkroom days...
Make sure you have maximum detail, and more passes turned off (unchecked)!
Have not tried that yet--will do
-
Make sure you have maximum detail, and more passes turned off (unchecked)!
If that's already done, than I would be clueless. I had problems printing on Ilford Gold Fiber Silk, which is almost exactly the same, and as soon as I turned those 2 check marks off, perfect prints every time.
Hope that it works.
Cheers
GG
Thanks Gary. I'll give that a try later today. Will post results.
harry