Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: abiggs on December 20, 2009, 02:27:33 pm

Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: abiggs on December 20, 2009, 02:27:33 pm
I am looking for a good resource (good service and good price) for Z series printers. My printing volume is picking up and it is time to place a decent purchase. My typical supplier doesn't work with HP.
Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: neile on December 20, 2009, 03:04:37 pm
Quote from: abiggs
I am looking for a good resource (good service and good price) for Z series printers. My printing volume is picking up and it is time to place a decent purchase. My typical supplier doesn't work with HP.

I've always had good success ordering things from Jim @ Shades of Paper. www.shadesofpaper.com. If you're ordering a good chunk of stuff he'll often work with you on price as well.

Neil
Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: Thomas Krüger on December 20, 2009, 04:51:06 pm
HP has the HP Large Format Success Club in Europe to get some rebate on inks and paper: https://h30475.www3.hp.com/country/uk/en/about.aspx (https://h30475.www3.hp.com/country/uk/en/about.aspx)  (loads very fast like all HP websites...  )
Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: chez on December 20, 2009, 05:12:28 pm
Andy I use this person [email protected] through E-bay to get my Z3100 inks. A full set of Z3200 ink would be $600 including shipping. Th inks are genuine HP and so far had at least 1 year left on their expiration dates. Shipping was very fast ( less than 1 week to Canada ).

harry
Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: ricm on December 20, 2009, 09:02:12 pm
Hey Andy,

We use provantage.com.

Good prices for twin packs.

Happy Holidays!

-rm
Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: abiggs on December 20, 2009, 09:43:26 pm
duh, I didn't even know that Shades of Paper sold HP products. Sorry for the thread in the first place, because that is where I buy all of my Canon and Epson inks.
Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: Roscolo on December 21, 2009, 01:58:08 pm
Quote from: abiggs
I am looking for a good resource (good service and good price) for Z series printers. My printing volume is picking up and it is time to place a decent purchase. My typical supplier doesn't work with HP.

IT Supplies - www.itsupplies.com

Have had the best prices and excellent service. Free shipping and everything I've ordered shows up usually on the second day after I order.




Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: Justan on December 21, 2009, 02:07:37 pm
I did some comparison shipping a little while ago and found that Provantage was about $10 less per 2 pack than others
Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: Roscolo on December 21, 2009, 06:48:02 pm
Quote from: Justan
I did some comparison shipping a little while ago and found that Provantage was about $10 less per 2 pack than others

When you factor in the shipping, Provantage is more expensive. All orders over $99 at ITSupplies have free shipping. With the free shipping (and again, it's awfully fast to be free) ITSupplies works out to be a better deal by a few bucks as long as you're getting at least one twin-pack. I have ordered other tech stuff from Provantage, however, and had no problems, so nothing against them.




Title: Good Z3200 source for inks
Post by: Justan on December 22, 2009, 10:14:07 am
^^ I’ve also bought from IT Supplies. I started a thread similar to this one and that lead to price comparison about 2 or 3 months ago. At that time Provantage was less expensive for the 2 packs, even given the shipping costs. But clearly it’s a good idea to check both vendors as they are competitive.