Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Josh-H on December 20, 2009, 02:44:59 am

Title: Auto Stack?
Post by: Josh-H on December 20, 2009, 02:44:59 am
Probably a dumb question... but I just got a Canon S90 for shooting family snaps around the house and have it set to RAW+jpeg (as I often want a very quick jpeg for friends and relatives. Is there a way to get Lightroom to auto stack the jpegs with the RAW?

TIA.
Title: Auto Stack?
Post by: john beardsworth on December 20, 2009, 04:57:20 am
You import with both items (Preferences / General / Treat JPEG ....) and then use Photo > Stacking > AutoStack.

But do remember that unless you REALLY need the JPEGs, raw+JPEG doubles the hassle.

John
Title: Auto Stack?
Post by: howardm on December 20, 2009, 11:27:39 am
just use something like

exiftool -b -jpgfromraw   xyz.nef > xyz.jpg

to extract the builtin jpg from the raw?
Title: Auto Stack?
Post by: Josh-H on December 25, 2009, 10:23:31 pm
Quote from: johnbeardy
You import with both items (Preferences / General / Treat JPEG ....) and then use Photo > Stacking > AutoStack.

But do remember that unless you REALLY need the JPEGs, raw+JPEG doubles the hassle.

John

Um.. I must be missing something.. if I select auto stack it only allows auto stack by capture time - is that what you mean?

Thanks for your help.