Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: BobDavid on December 13, 2009, 01:52:03 pm

Title: Spent Epson 9800 & 9900 ink carts
Post by: BobDavid on December 13, 2009, 01:52:03 pm
I've got about a total of 40 empty 9900 & 9800 ink cartridges. Do these have any value or should I just discard them?
Title: Spent Epson 9800 & 9900 ink carts
Post by: ghaynes754 on December 13, 2009, 06:27:55 pm
My local guy collects them for re-cycling.  Maybe he is sending them back to Epson?
Title: Spent Epson 9800 & 9900 ink carts
Post by: ghaynes754 on December 13, 2009, 07:20:56 pm
Further update as I was looking for something on the Epson site.

Q:
Does Epson have a recycling program for ink cartridges?
A:
Yes. Epson is pleased to offer our customers an environmentally responsible way to recycle their used Epson branded ink cartridges. You can find out more by visiting the Epson recycling program page for your country U.S. or Canada.
Title: Spent Epson 9800 & 9900 ink carts
Post by: bill t. on December 14, 2009, 01:46:27 pm
Have seen huge lots of empty cartridges on Ebay, probably from labs.  Makes me wonder about some of those "new" cartridges that are sold there.  Might be best to reserve those things for dealer shortage emergencies only.  At one time there were a few Epson dealers offering $5 for empty carts, didn't see anything when I looked just now.
Title: Spent Epson 9800 & 9900 ink carts
Post by: BobDavid on December 14, 2009, 02:20:38 pm
Quote from: bill t.
Have seen huge lots of empty cartridges on Ebay, probably from labs.  Makes me wonder about some of those "new" cartridges that are sold there.  Might be best to reserve those things for dealer shortage emergencies only.  At one time there were a few Epson dealers offering $5 for empty carts, didn't see anything when I looked just now.

Thanks, Bill. I'd think these spent cartridges have some value to someone out there.