Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jackperk on December 09, 2009, 04:07:47 pm
-
Every time I reset LR2 (mac) to change its print settings to, say, Enhanced Matte, or Hahnemuhle William Turner, and even if I have gone into the settings of the Epson 3800 and switched it to MK, as soon as I click Print One in LR2 the printer begins the process of changing MK back to PK which, of course, I don't want.
Any ideas for me, please?
jack
-
Every time I reset LR2 (mac) to change its print settings to, say, Enhanced Matte, or Hahnemuhle William Turner, and even if I have gone into the settings of the Epson 3800 and switched it to MK, as soon as I click Print One in LR2 the printer begins the process of changing MK back to PK which, of course, I don't want.
Any ideas for me, please?
jack
Just an idea! Have you tried to redo Page Setup and Print instead of Print One. Usually, if I understand correctly, Print One uses the last settings but I've found it to be somewhat "temperamental".
-
I have had a continuing problem with the LR2/Mac(PPC)/3800 interface and the un-requested switching from MK to PK and from PK to MK. I thought I had solved it by only checkboxing only the desired paper in the LR2 Print profiles, thereby[I believe] making any other profile unavailable to LR2. But just the other day, the 3800 initiated a MK to PK switch for no discernable reason. My current, though unacceptable, reaction is to quickly pull the power plug of the 3800 in order to minimize the wasted ink. Fun, eh?
-
I have had a continuing problem with the LR2/Mac(PPC)/3800 interface and the un-requested switching from MK to PK and from PK to MK. I thought I had solved it by only checkboxing only the desired paper in the LR2 Print profiles, thereby[I believe] making any other profile unavailable to LR2. But just the other day, the 3800 initiated a MK to PK switch for no discernable reason. My current, though unacceptable, reaction is to quickly pull the power plug of the 3800 in order to minimize the wasted ink. Fun, eh?
Ridiculous situation, isn't it? Anyone else had the problem and found a solution? Epson able to help?
jp
-
Ridiculous situation, isn't it? Anyone else had the problem and found a solution? Epson able to help?
jp
EPSON tech has given me THE FIX!!!! He said he hadn't heard of the problem before (I told him I had -- HERE) but he worked through it for me and found that my driver was corrupt. It was supposedly version 6.11 but in fact it was not fully that version. He had me first go to system prefs on my Mac and to Print/Fax where I deleted the Epson listed there. Then had me go into my Mac drive and totally delete the Epson folder under Printers at the root level of the system. Then empty the trash. Then check my Downloads to see if I still had there the 6.11 which is listed as "epson12786.dmg" and remount that.
That done, I opened lightroom again and found things back to normal and the printing worked properly with the inks my LR called for.
jack