Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Sigursteinn on December 08, 2009, 10:19:07 pm

Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Sigursteinn on December 08, 2009, 10:19:07 pm
Finally after, 3 year's of waiting, my side is finally live, please visit, SteiniFjall.com (http://www.steinifjall.com)
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Josh-H on December 08, 2009, 10:50:39 pm
Quote from: Sigursteinn
Finally after, 3 year's of waiting, my side is finally live, please visit, SteiniFjall.com (http://www.steinifjall.com)

Some really nice work there - well done.

FYI - your blog link currently just links back to your main site.

Good to see a fellow Live-books user.

Again - some really unique and great work.
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Sigursteinn on December 08, 2009, 11:19:10 pm
Quote from: Josh-H
Some really nice work there - well done.

FYI - your blog link currently just links back to your main site.

Good to see a fellow Live-books user.

Again - some really unique and great work.

thanks, so much, been waiting for 3 years for this. So your reply was very nice!

I'm waiting for a new blog, but I should disable it for now.

one agin thanks so much,

Regards,

Steini Fjall
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Les Sparks on December 09, 2009, 12:16:25 pm
Some very nice work. Thanks for sharing. You live in a beautiful place.
Les
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Sigursteinn on December 09, 2009, 01:41:10 pm
Quote from: engineer
Some very nice work. Thanks for sharing. You live in a beautiful place.
Les

Thanks, Iceland is a very special and beautiful place for sure!
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: tokengirl on December 09, 2009, 08:20:17 pm
Very unique work!  Great layout and color scheme for the website too.

I'm not a huge fan of HDR, perhaps the over-saturated colors just tire my eyes.  I think the compositions of your landscapes are strong enough on their own without so much HDR.

The globes are cool though, especially the ones with all the people.
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: wolfnowl on December 10, 2009, 02:12:41 am
Some great work there!  I'm not much into HDR either, but it works with some of your images.

Mike.
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: jclipperton on December 15, 2009, 11:20:03 am
website is slick... images look well shot and well stitched... as said, HDR looks overdone though... lots of halos evident.
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Kirk Gittings on December 15, 2009, 11:46:59 am
Website is nice. Some fine images, Strong HDR at this point is retro, yesterdays news, not pioneering.
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: ddk on December 15, 2009, 11:58:23 am
Quote from: Sigursteinn
Finally after, 3 year's of waiting, my side is finally live, please visit, SteiniFjall.com (http://www.steinifjall.com)

Very, unique and interesting perspectives, love the work!

Just one comment regarding the site, while looking at individual portfolios, you only have the slide no. in the bottom right corner of the window without the total no. of slides, ie, 1/14 or whatever the total no. of images in each folio, this can be misleading, some like me, might miss that there's more than one image there...
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: ceyman on December 15, 2009, 12:18:56 pm
Very interesting work.  There are many where I wished the HDR were tuned back, and some where it worked well.  I agree with jclipperton, the halos are a turn-off.

The globes are fascinating.  Thank you.

carl
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Wayne Fox on December 15, 2009, 02:08:18 pm
Quote from: Josh-H
Good to see a fellow Live-books user.

Just one guys opinion here ..

While I find LiveBook sites very elegant appearing, I rarely stay long, because I can't see the gallery in gallery view, deciding what I want to see.  I just don't like having to go through the entire gallery one image at a time, and I can't evaluate my interest by viewing an overall selection.  So I usually just move on.  Of course, I'm not a customer or prospective customer, perhaps they have different viewing habits.
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Adam L on December 15, 2009, 02:57:56 pm
Were the 'globes' taken with a remote reality product?   I ask because I have an old version that would attach to a P&S camera.    It's collecting dust in the basement somewhere.
Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: Sigursteinn on December 15, 2009, 05:07:27 pm
Quote from: Adam L
Were the 'globes' taken with a remote reality product?   I ask because I have an old version that would attach to a P&S camera.    It's collecting dust in the basement somewhere.

No, they where all taken within our today's time zone, -  and sometimes with tomorrow's cameras and computers in mind. (never mind)

Most often I try to re-create the image that I took yesterday into todays photo, ending on tomorrow image.  

They where all taken with Nikon, (D70, D200, D2x and D3) 360precision panoramic heads, digital workflow includes Apple Aperture, PTGui, Photoshop, Flexify and nik software.

Happy holidays!

Regards,  

Steini Fjall

Title: Icelandic Photographer with a new pioneering images
Post by: DanSvoboda on December 16, 2009, 11:20:29 am
Quote from: Sigursteinn
Finally after, 3 year's of waiting, my side is finally live, please visit, SteiniFjall.com (http://www.steinifjall.com)

Congratulation! I know how it feels :-)

Interesting site with some wonderful photographs.

Daniel