Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Payne on December 06, 2009, 06:59:57 pm

Title: Same day, same spot ...
Post by: Jeremy Payne on December 06, 2009, 06:59:57 pm
Well ... the snow fell yesterday ... and today was beautiful ... so nice, I went out shooting twice ...

The first is a single exposure, handheld with the 17-35mm at 19mm on a D700 shot early in the afternoon.

The second is a stitched shot, on a tripod with the 70-200VR at about 78mm on a D700 with a polarizing filter shot in the late afternoon.

Enjoy!

[attachment=18425:Hidden_Pond.jpg]

[attachment=18426:Bald_Mou...nd_Redux.jpg]
Title: Same day, same spot ...
Post by: EduPerez on December 07, 2009, 09:41:44 am
I like both of them, very nice colors there.

Did you shot them from the exact same location? Have you thought about photo-montaging them together? Could be interesting.
Title: Same day, same spot ...
Post by: Jeremy Payne on December 07, 2009, 03:32:25 pm
Quote from: EduPerez
I like both of them, very nice colors there.

Did you shot them from the exact same location? Have you thought about photo-montaging them together? Could be interesting.
Thanks!

It was not quite the same spot, but I may be able to make it work anyway ... interesting idea ...
Title: Same day, same spot ...
Post by: button on December 08, 2009, 02:42:29 pm
Quote from: EduPerez
I like both of them, very nice colors there.

Did you shot them from the exact same location? Have you thought about photo-montaging them together? Could be interesting.

I think it would work, as those colors look really good next to one another.  Well done.

John
Title: Same day, same spot ...
Post by: Jeremy Payne on December 09, 2009, 03:31:09 pm
Quote from: button
I think it would work, as those colors look really good next to one another.  Well done.

John
Thanks, John!  I printed them both at 10" x 15" on 11x17 paper and they look really nice.  I'm gonna ultimately hang them together ... and will probably reprint them at 12 x 18.  I was testing out a new paper and used these two images to tune the settings for the new paper.

The web/sRGB does a decent job of relaying the red, late-afternoon image ... but the blue one is best viewed on a wide gamut monitor in a wide space and the print is just BLUE in a manner that doesn't exist in the world of sRGB.