Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: eleanorbrown on November 29, 2009, 07:25:41 pm

Title: Lightroom 3 Beta Develop Module issue
Post by: eleanorbrown on November 29, 2009, 07:25:41 pm
I have tried any number of places on the web (incl. the Adobe forums) to get an answer to this question and so far no luck.  I'm using Lightroom 3 Beta.  All previews are accurate EXCEPT the Develop Module preview.  There is no true black.  Shadows look flat and washed out in ALL FILES from all cameras.  All other previews in other Modules are fine.  also in Lightroom 2 the Develop preview is fine also...no shadow issues on preview.  I'm on a carefully calibrated apple 30 inch display using Snow Leopard.  

Anyone else have this issue with Beta 3?
Many thanks! Eleanor
Title: Lightroom 3 Beta Develop Module issue
Post by: wolfnowl on November 29, 2009, 07:45:30 pm
Seems to work fine for me (Vista, not Mac, though).

Mike.
Title: Lightroom 3 Beta Develop Module issue
Post by: Schewe on November 29, 2009, 09:34:18 pm
Quote from: eleanorbrown
I'm on a carefully calibrated apple 30 inch display using Snow Leopard.


You sure about that? What are you using for profile creation and have you tried redoing the profile.

There are also known issues with Snow Leopard and multiple displays...you don't say whether you have more than one display but if you do, you won't be able to accurately profile anything other than the main display.
Title: Lightroom 3 Beta Develop Module issue
Post by: eleanorbrown on November 29, 2009, 09:37:21 pm
Thanks Jeff.  I'm using Integrated Color Coloreyes Pro.  Just found out what the issue is....needed to redo the profile to Matrix based, NOT LUT.  Works fine now. Eleanor

Quote from: Schewe
You sure about that? What are you using for profile creation and have you tried redoing the profile.

There are also known issues with Snow Leopard and multiple displays...you don't say whether you have more than one display but if you do, you won't be able to accurately profile anything other than the main display.
Title: Lightroom 3 Beta Develop Module issue
Post by: eleanorbrown on November 30, 2009, 10:16:15 am
Just an FYI....I don't have any idea what the differences in Matrix vs. LUT based profiles are but for some reason the LUT didn't work correctly with Lightroom Beta 3 Develop Module only.  Everything else, including the other Modules in Beta 3, Lightroom 2x, Capture One Pro, Photoshop, and my other on computer software had no issues with the LUT in rendering correct previews of image files. Eleanor

Quote from: eleanorbrown
Thanks Jeff.  I'm using Integrated Color Coloreyes Pro.  Just found out what the issue is....needed to redo the profile to Matrix based, NOT LUT.  Works fine now. Eleanor
Title: Lightroom 3 Beta Develop Module issue
Post by: madmanchan on November 30, 2009, 10:25:58 am
I believe there is a pending issue in LR regarding black point compensation and ICC monitor profiles, at least on the Mac.
Title: Lightroom 3 Beta Develop Module issue
Post by: eleanorbrown on November 30, 2009, 11:03:39 am
Eric this is what I heard from the adobe forum yesterday.  Have been searching for an answer ever since I downloaded Beta3 and someone yesterday mentioned the LUT/Matrix issue. eleanor

Quote from: madmanchan
I believe there is a pending issue in LR regarding black point compensation and ICC monitor profiles, at least on the Mac.