Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Paddy132A on November 26, 2009, 12:11:14 am

Title: CS4, Epson 2880 and Snow Leopard
Post by: Paddy132A on November 26, 2009, 12:11:14 am
This issues seems to doing the rounds and I notice that there is a workaround for printing color profiles, but my issue is more fundamental - I just want to print good quality prints as before!!

I was using CS4, Epson R2880, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308 gsm under Leopard.  It was a simple workflow and the results were "boootifull".

With a rush of blood, I upgraded all my systems to Snow Leopard and the fun started.

The printed output was dreadful, with great areas of darkened rubbish.  I have upgraded the drivers (now using v. 6.62) from the Epson site.

In frustration, I recreated a Leopard machine on an external drive, reloaded CS4 and the Epson drivers (still v. 6.62) but I am still getting dreadful results.

All the normal bits are in place - Matt Black ink, Velvet Fine Art paper setting, no color management, etc.

Ideas please?

Regards
Paddy