Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Dave555 on November 21, 2009, 01:50:22 am

Title: Let there be light, and light be
Post by: Dave555 on November 21, 2009, 01:50:22 am
Comments welcome

(http://david-low.smugmug.com/photos/719413522_GvCbo-M.jpg)
Title: Let there be light, and light be
Post by: wolfnowl on November 22, 2009, 02:05:45 am
I like the lighting in the leaf, but the oof branch doesn't do much for me.  I'd probably crop it in half vertically and then darkent the background a little.

Mike.
Title: Let there be light, and light be
Post by: Dave555 on November 22, 2009, 08:22:13 am
Quote from: wolfnowl
I like the lighting in the leaf, but the oof branch doesn't do much for me.  I'd probably crop it in half vertically and then darkent the background a little.

Mike.

Hi Mike.

Thanks for comments and I knew where you coming from. Personally, i don't mind the branch is oof and branch included as it leads the eye to the focused leaf, instead of paying attention to the whole thing. I think cropping vertically in halve with only the leaf will not work, I'm afriad.

But thanks again for your comments.
Title: Let there be light, and light be
Post by: Geoff Wittig on November 22, 2009, 09:43:24 am
[quote name='Dave555' date='Nov 21 2009, 07:50 AM' post='326658']
Comments welcome


Love it. The newborn leaf is fascinating, and the branch is de-emphasized by softer focus, yet it's still making the gesture of 'presenting' the leaf.