Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: kernix on November 20, 2009, 01:50:59 pm
-
I have Dell's Sonic Cineplayer (DVD program) and Roxio CD creator on my PC (Win XP). Cineplayer locks up my PC sometimes, and when creating a CD of pics for clients, Roxio causes an error. Basically, IMO they're crap.
Can anyone suggest a program, or programs, for both purposes?
For DVD reviews, PowerDVD comes up as one of the tops, for CD burners, Nero comes up as one of the tops but unfortunately, so does Roxio.
Any help appreciated being that I just got the complete DVD series of Farscape and can't wait to watch it. And I don’t mind paying for the programs, and actually prefer it to freeware.
Jim
-
VLC Media Player for playing the DVDs. CDBurnerXP for burning CDs/DVDs. Both are free. Feel free to donate to them if you want.
-
I've used Roxio and Nero and they are both excellent. One thing to keep in mind is that burner software is like anti-virus software--if you have more than one installed they will conflict and cause errors. Make sure you don't have something else causing conflicts with Roxio.
I recommend PowerDVD for playback, it bookmarks your spot when you exit or change discs and then can start from the bookmark when you go back to the disc later. It's great for skipping the ads and crap that so many DVDs are infested with.
-
Great - thanks!