Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Gemmtech on November 19, 2009, 10:22:48 pm

Title: Epson 3880 vs. Epson 1280 Black
Post by: Gemmtech on November 19, 2009, 10:22:48 pm
My 3880 arrived today and naturally I wanted to fire it up ASAP and see what it could do.  I printed an image I have from Mirepoix France which was taken at night, it's just a street sign with a tree next to it.  I was surprised how much blacker the 1280 image is and will do a lot more reading to see how one can get a very black black with a 3880.  I'm thinking that the pigment inks still can't match the old dye based inks for the blackest blacks, is this true?  I have printed a couple different images and have come to this capricious conclusion.  The 3880 black is like a very dark gray.  Any suggestions?  I know, read Eric Chans article
Title: Epson 3880 vs. Epson 1280 Black
Post by: madmanchan on November 19, 2009, 11:59:51 pm
Which papers were you using?
Title: Epson 3880 vs. Epson 1280 Black
Post by: Gemmtech on November 20, 2009, 12:39:26 am
Quote from: madmanchan
Which papers were you using?


Epson Premium Luster and Exhibition Fiber