Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dgberg on November 12, 2009, 07:53:09 pm
-
Received my 9900 this week and printed my first comissioned pano on canvas today. 2 row X 12 = 24 vertical shots with D300 processed with Autopano Giga,Lightroom and Genuine Fractals 6. Final image size was 1GB. Not really printing anything very small,most are in the 17" X 24" to 24" X 32" sizes, all on canvas. I only purchased one roll of the 44" canvas and hope to use it soon. I am guessing 24'' and 36" canvas rolls will be large enough for most of our printing. I will be testing some of my images printed on 40" X 60" just to see how they come out.
2 printers X 11 700ml carts = $5,000
Taking donations for ink money.
Pano is Berks County, Pennsylvania dutch country.
-
Received my 9900 this week and printed my first comissioned pano on canvas today. 24 vertical shots with D300 processed with Autopano Giga,Lightroom and Genuine Fractals 6. Final image size was 1GB.
Pano is Berks County, Pennsylvania dutch country.
I have been thinking I will get a big printer sometime - and use it with three shot slide and stitch (single row) or 6 shot with the back off the H4D-60 I will be getting.
With three-shot, single row, on the P3 I will be able to use apo-digitars, but with the double-row, lack of image circle will mean I will have to use the P2 and film lenses.
-
You have the gear for sure. The Hassy will blow my D2Xs and D300 out of the water,although when multiple images are stitched my 12mp bodies do pretty good. I cannot afford a medium format camera with a digital back but as soon as Nikon comes out with the cheaper version of the 24mp D3X I will have one. I am sure I will get tired of it but for now I am enjoying the printing more then out shooting.
-
Dan,
I was curious, since you purchased your 7900 about a year ago and you just bought the 9900 can you tell us if you are having any problems with the 9900 as you did with the 7900? I was wondering if Epson had addressed the clogging and related issues?
Gary
-
Gary,
Have had the 9900 for only a week and so far no clogs. My 7900 still cleans more then necessary but I am beginning to live with it.
-
Gary,
Have had the 9900 for only a week and so far no clogs. My 7900 still cleans more then necessary but I am beginning to live with it.
Dan,
Did you update the firmware on your 7900 and if so, have you found any change in the clogging and/or cleaning issues?
-
Yes I have the latest firmware and everything seems good so far. I have had the printer for 11 months and it seems to be getting better with age. I just maybe comparing it to my 3800 which seems to never clean itself,never clog and it sits 3 to 4 weeks sometimes between printing.
I have until next week to decide if I want to buy the extended warranty. If it was $500 a year I would sign up, but at $700+ I just may roll the dice.