Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: erick.boileau on November 08, 2009, 04:11:50 am

Title: can you run 2.5 and 3 on the same computer
Post by: erick.boileau on November 08, 2009, 04:11:50 am
I would like to try  v.3 beta , can I run 2.5 and 3 beta on the same Computer ? (MAC with snow leopard)

of course I can create  a new catalog

thank you
Title: can you run 2.5 and 3 on the same computer
Post by: Josh-H on November 08, 2009, 04:39:31 am
Quote from: erick.boileau
I would like to try  v.3 beta , can I run 2.5 and 3 beta on the same Computer ? (MAC with snow leopard)

of course I can create  a new catalog

thank you

Yes
Title: can you run 2.5 and 3 on the same computer
Post by: francois on November 08, 2009, 04:47:47 am
Of course it works. I'm running that setup on my Mac and encountered no problem (yet).
Title: can you run 2.5 and 3 on the same computer
Post by: erick.boileau on November 08, 2009, 05:29:10 am
thank you
Title: can you run 2.5 and 3 on the same computer
Post by: smahn on November 08, 2009, 11:26:41 am
How should one be using the two versions concurrently so that catalogs are synced and eventual migration to the full release (or not) is smooth and painless?

Have you guys ditched 2.5 altogether, or is that still the primary with 3b just for playing around - or something in between?
Title: can you run 2.5 and 3 on the same computer
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 08, 2009, 01:00:55 pm
Quote from: smahn
How should one be using the two versions concurrently so that catalogs are synced and eventual migration to the full release (or not) is smooth and painless?

Have you guys ditched 2.5 altogether, or is that still the primary with 3b just for playing around - or something in between?
Since 3 is a beta, I've been using it just for a few test files. It has its own library, separate from the 2.5 one (on a different drive on my machine). I use 2.5 for "important" stuff, and expect to redo the 3-beta experiments once the final 3 is released.

Again, since 3 is a Beta, I wouldn't expect it to be either flawless or complete. But it sure looks promising to me (especially if they get the soft proofing into the final release).


Eric

Title: can you run 2.5 and 3 on the same computer
Post by: neil snape on November 08, 2009, 03:11:45 pm
Yes you can run both on the same machine. No you cannot use and or sync the 2.5 for use with the v3 beta. The upgrade will however convert the lr.catalogue when it is released.



I did have a curious problem in that after installing LR 3 beta my custom presets were moved to the LR 3 side but not found in the 2.5 version. I copied them over into the right place and all is fine now, presets are in both except a few templates I forgot to copy.

The results when printing from LR3 with the new rendering are stunning.....
Title: can you run 2.5 and 3 on the same computer
Post by: erick.boileau on November 08, 2009, 03:25:46 pm
I just want to have a try