Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: davaglo on November 07, 2009, 07:15:34 pm

Title: Need Some Help
Post by: davaglo on November 07, 2009, 07:15:34 pm
I have a new Dell Studio Laptop and loaded Lightroom 2 with no problems, smooth and fast. I pluged in my Lacie card reader which the computer recognized. I put an SD card (with pictures from my wifes camera) in the Lacie and a window poped up telling me to format the card. Obviously I can't do that. Has anyone run into this problem and is there a work around. Dell says it is a software problem and Microsoft says to contact the computer manufacturer. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jerry
Title: Need Some Help
Post by: keithrsmith on November 08, 2009, 09:25:53 am
First priority is to get the pictures from the card.  If you can see them on the camera, plug the camera into the computer and download them that way.

Then reformat in camera, take some test shots and try again.

Keith
Title: Need Some Help
Post by: Justan on November 08, 2009, 10:11:13 am
Oh that sucks!

The comment above is on the mark.

If the re-check on the camera fails, use Mr Google to research how to recover images from a memory card. There are many software programs that will do this. It usually an easy task.