Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Bas Stekelenburg on November 07, 2009, 09:59:06 am

Title: Lightroom 3.0 Beta problem?
Post by: Bas Stekelenburg on November 07, 2009, 09:59:06 am
I am an experienced 2.5 user and started to use LR3B. The import and print chapters are really improved and easy to work with; thank you developers! I’m sure softproofing is only a matter of time…
However, I noticed strange things of which I am not certain if it’s me, or Lightroom.
First is sorting the input pictures. In the INPUT screen, instead of sorting (DSC-WHATEVER)1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7,8, 9, 10, 11, 12, (…), 20, …, 30, …,99, 100, 101, 102,… Lightroom sorts:  (DSCWHATEVER)1, 10, 100, 11, 111, … 2, 20, 200, 21, 201, etc.
It seems, that the numbers are treated as ASCII characters only.
Second: I am used to put pictures in an arbitrary order before printing. This is important, if you need diverce pictures on one page. But different than in 2.5, I am unable to pick up a picture from the filmstrip, and replace it to another spot. The same with the previews in Library mode, unable to replace any picture.
What can that be???

Bas
Title: Lightroom 3.0 Beta problem?
Post by: MBehrens on November 07, 2009, 11:24:51 pm
Be sure to post your findings to the LR3 Beta Forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/ (http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/)

Adobe wants this feedback but they do not look here for it.
Title: Lightroom 3.0 Beta problem?
Post by: Bas Stekelenburg on November 08, 2009, 11:40:02 am
Quote from: MBehrens
Be sure to post your findings to the LR3 Beta Forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/ (http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/)

Adobe wants this feedback but they do not look here for it.

It might be that it's my fault, not Adobe's; it might be that others have the same - or another experience, interesting to hear; for the Adobe forum one have to register him/herself again , etc. etc.

In short, do these issues sound familiar to anybody out there?

Bas
Title: Lightroom 3.0 Beta problem?
Post by: CatOne on November 08, 2009, 08:57:06 pm
Quote from: HasselBas
It might be that it's my fault, not Adobe's; it might be that others have the same - or another experience, interesting to hear; for the Adobe forum one have to register him/herself again , etc. etc.

In short, do these issues sound familiar to anybody out there?

Bas

The beta forums use a different username than the "regular" adobe forums.

And, yes, the beta forums have an annoying issue with logging you out.  I have to log in again if I've been away from the beta forums for more than about 24 hours.  Annoying.
Title: Lightroom 3.0 Beta problem?
Post by: Bas Stekelenburg on November 10, 2009, 09:40:23 am
Just for who's interested: the sorting problem is a registered bug, the placing problem could not be repeated, not with "them" and not with me...

Bas