Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Jeremy Payne on October 31, 2009, 12:13:31 pm

Title: LR3 Metadata Issue
Post by: Jeremy Payne on October 31, 2009, 12:13:31 pm
I imported a large number (~25,000) of files, primarily RAW .NEF and .CR2, into a LR3 catalog, leaving them in their place on the disk.  These files are all part of a LR 2.4 catalog.

After import, many of the capture dates are wrong in the LR3 Library, but still correct in the LR 2.4 catalog.

Anyone else see anything like this?

Title: LR3 Metadata Issue
Post by: madmanchan on October 31, 2009, 01:27:08 pm
Jeremy, how far off are the dates? Do you have specific examples of how they're wrong? Thanks.

BTW, although I do read this forum, it might be better to post things like this on the LR 3 beta forums, here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/ (http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/)

(the link is down at the moment (1:30 PM EST on Sat) but hopefully will be back up later)

Title: LR3 Metadata Issue
Post by: Jeremy Payne on October 31, 2009, 02:35:39 pm
Quote from: madmanchan
Jeremy, how far off are the dates? Do you have specific examples of how they're wrong? Thanks.

BTW, although I do read this forum, it might be better to post things like this on the LR 3 beta forums, here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/ (http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/lightroom3/)

(the link is down at the moment (1:30 PM EST on Sat) but hopefully will be back up later)
Gotcha ... never really been to the Adobe forums, but I might as well start if I'm gonna play with betas ...

Yes - I believe they were all exactly 6 months off - e.g. there were shots from Christmas Day all mixed-in up with my underwater shots from Grand Cayman on June 25th.  The December ones all had the June date and not the other way around.
Title: LR3 Metadata Issue
Post by: Jeremy Payne on November 01, 2009, 09:42:28 am
Quote from: madmanchan
... it might be better to post things like this on the LR 3 beta forums ...
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/516412 (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/516412)
Title: LR3 Metadata Issue
Post by: madmanchan on November 01, 2009, 03:44:47 pm
Thanks Jeremy. We'll follow up there.
Title: LR3 Metadata Issue
Post by: Jeremy Payne on November 18, 2009, 11:10:02 am
Quote from: madmanchan
Thanks Jeremy. We'll follow up there.
Didn't get much reaction over there ...

My primary meta-data is capture date ... I have a good memory and I know when I was everywhere ....