Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: John R on October 27, 2009, 08:54:25 pm

Title: autumn waves
Post by: John R on October 27, 2009, 08:54:25 pm
A simple abstract of wavy like colours.

Edit: Just added another photo rather than start a new thread. A BW treatment, with crop and, no PP except contrast and brightness levels.

JMR
Title: autumn waves
Post by: Ed Blagden on October 28, 2009, 02:09:20 am
I like it, but for some reason (is it just me?) I want to look at this in landscape orientation... I rotated my head 90 degrees to the left and it looked much better.

What is it of btw?

Ed
Title: autumn waves
Post by: wolfnowl on October 28, 2009, 02:33:17 am
Interesting!

(Ed: it's a mystery...)

Mike.
Title: autumn waves
Post by: John R on October 28, 2009, 07:36:28 am
Quote from: Ed B
I like it, but for some reason (is it just me?) I want to look at this in landscape orientation... I rotated my head 90 degrees to the left and it looked much better.

What is it of btw?

Ed
Thanks. Are you sure you want to know? Maybe I should leave it as a mystery. Suffice to say, it is from the same subject matter I have been posting here for months. It is interesting that you made the observation about the landscape vs portrait format. In fact when I downloaded the images it came up in landscape format. I briefly contemplated posting in landscape but I did not want to offend the gods of subject-matter

JMR

JMR
Title: autumn waves
Post by: John R on October 28, 2009, 07:38:41 am
Quote from: wolfnowl
Interesting!

(Ed: it's a mystery...)

Mike.
Thanks Mike. I am sure you can guess. It is Autumn after all, my favourite time of the year, even though I have seen no mist this year

JMR
Title: autumn waves
Post by: Ed Blagden on October 28, 2009, 08:20:22 am
Quote from: John R
Thanks. Are you sure you want to know? Maybe I should leave it as a mystery.  ((SNIP))... I briefly contemplated posting in landscape but I did not want to offend the gods of subject-matter

JMR

You're having it both ways!!  You can't abstract the hell out of something and then get all worried about respecting the original orientation of the subject!  Still, nice shot (particularly in landscape ).

Ed
Title: autumn waves
Post by: John R on October 28, 2009, 11:22:51 am
Quote from: Ed B
You're having it both ways!!  You can't abstract the hell out of something and then get all worried about respecting the original orientation of the subject!  Still, nice shot (particularly in landscape ).

Ed
Yes, I suppose you are right. It is like inverting or flipping a reflection photo, no real harm done. But I have my lenses crossed just in case. bTW, jsut added a new photo rather than start another thread. Came from the same outing.

JMR