Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 24, 2009, 06:37:19 pm

Title: carrying
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 24, 2009, 06:37:19 pm
[attachment=17461:carrying.jpg]

Jeremy
Title: carrying
Post by: mattpallante on October 24, 2009, 06:47:05 pm
I like this, but I'd lose some of the left side on a crop....Matt
Title: carrying
Post by: RSL on October 24, 2009, 09:36:10 pm
Jeremy, It's a good shot. I don't agree with Matt. I think you need the field behind to place the picture.
Title: carrying
Post by: Josh-H on October 24, 2009, 10:07:04 pm
Agreed - its a good capture.

I also like the field on the left as it adds some depth to the image and places the person in some context. I do think it needs a tighter crop though. I hope you don't mind - but here is how I would crop it. Of course this is a personal artistic decision so take my crop as my opinion only.

[attachment=17463:carrying.jpg]
Title: carrying
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 24, 2009, 11:39:19 pm
Josh's crop balances the spaces better for me.

Eric

Title: carrying
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 25, 2009, 04:02:43 am
Quote from: Josh-H
Agreed - its a good capture.

I also like the field on the left as it adds some depth to the image and places the person in some context. I do think it needs a tighter crop though. I hope you don't mind - but here is how I would crop it. Of course this is a personal artistic decision so take my crop as my opinion only.

[attachment=17463:carrying.jpg]
Of course I don't mind - I post photos here to get reactions such as that.

And I agree: your crop improves the image. Thanks!

Jeremy
Title: carrying
Post by: Peter McLennan on October 25, 2009, 01:00:10 pm
I wish you'd waited another two seconds so that the figure wasn't aligned so closely with the building vertical.