Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Tim Gray on October 22, 2009, 11:23:25 am
-
Normally I give these Beta's a miss, but I shot a bunch of stuff with my G11 last weekend and was going to give the Canon software a try, pending release of the appropriate ACR update. Michael mentioned that LR 3 specifically supports the G11 so I'm wondering if anyone has a view on the quality of the conversion in LR. I'd rather do the LR Beta, if it's decent, than the Cannon software. TIA.
-
Update: looked at the release documentation in a bit more detail - the RAW support is from ACR 5.5 which does not include G11 support.
-
Hi Tim, CR 5.5, LR 2.5, and LR 3 public beta all offer preliminary G11 raw file support. You can process your files, but we're not done tuning the quality and building profiles yet. Basically, things may change between now and the next release in which the G11 is officially supported.