Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: scott williams on October 21, 2009, 12:27:15 pm

Title: Epson 4880 + Snow Leopard = Sligtly dark prints
Post by: scott williams on October 21, 2009, 12:27:15 pm
I haven't done any printing since I upgraded to Snow Leopard but now I'm finding the color prints are coming out slightly dark.

I'm printing from LR 2.5 on Epson Lustre with the proper profile selected.  I'm using Accuphoto HD and 'no color management' selected in the print options.

If I print using Advanced B&W, the prints are fine.  It's only color prints that are coming out dark.  

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Scott.
Title: Epson 4880 + Snow Leopard = Sligtly dark prints
Post by: tonywong on October 21, 2009, 06:54:06 pm
Could be because of the gamma change in Snow Leopard?

Gamma change (http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2009/09/why_your_web_content_will_look_darker.html)

Don't have Epsons anymore so I can't tell if that's your problem though.
Title: Epson 4880 + Snow Leopard = Sligtly dark prints
Post by: EricC on October 28, 2009, 06:56:22 am
I am having exactly the same problem with my Epson 3800 and Snow Leopard.

Has anyone a fix or information on this problem.

BTW Both the display and printer have been profiled with the xRite ColorMunki

Regards
Eric
Title: Epson 4880 + Snow Leopard = Sligtly dark prints
Post by: jschone on October 28, 2009, 06:19:14 pm
Well, if your monitor has always been calibrated well and has been re calibrated under snow leopard i am sure there should be now differences. What you could try is to recalibrate your monitor if that's is not something you've done already since upgrading to Snow Leopard.
Maybe you could try a softproof and see if this difference in print actually shows up?

Jochem

Quote from: EricC
I am having exactly the same problem with my Epson 3800 and Snow Leopard.

Has anyone a fix or information on this problem.

BTW Both the display and printer have been profiled with the xRite ColorMunki

Regards
Eric
Title: Epson 4880 + Snow Leopard = Sligtly dark prints
Post by: EricC on October 29, 2009, 03:55:50 am
I have recalibrated my monitor and re-profiled the printer for the papers i use at the moment since installing Snow Leopard and the prints are still slightly dark.

Regards
Eric
Title: Epson 4880 + Snow Leopard = Sligtly dark prints
Post by: jjlphoto on October 29, 2009, 11:47:51 am
Quote from: tonywong
Could be because of the gamma change in Snow Leopard?

Sorry, when working with colormanaged apps, the OS's gamma does not enter into the equation. All the gamma change means is that for those who were already calibrating their Mac's to 2.2, everything else will no longer appear a bit dense, they will lighten up a bit to their true look.
Title: Epson 4880 + Snow Leopard = Sligtly dark prints
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 29, 2009, 01:48:45 pm
I know this doesn't help, but I'm seeing no change printing to the 7900 or 11880 using Snow Leopard, either with LR or Photoshop.

Are you using the 16 bit option in the printer driver?  Do you have snow leopard starting up in 64 bit mode?  Is Lightroom running in 32 bit or 64 bit?  No clue if these things would make a difference but it seems some of the issues users are having with SL seem to be related to some of these settings.

Do you have the same problem printing from Photoshop or just LR?