Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Craig Lamson on October 20, 2009, 08:30:10 am

Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: Craig Lamson on October 20, 2009, 08:30:10 am
I was a fumble fingers and I dropped my EOD2 on a hard floor.  Now sometimes it will work and the software will find it on screen and sometimes not.  Has anyone had any luck having one of these repaired or am I looking at buying a new one?


If I need to repurchase, and suggestions aside from a new EOD2?  I work from both CRT's (mainly) , LCD's and laptops and do prepress and web and art printing.

Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: digitaldog on October 20, 2009, 09:59:45 am
I’d contact X-Rite. I suspect they will charge you for repair and just send you a new one which may be less than purchasing. Its still a very good device, unless you want to now make printer profiles. That being the case, move up to a ColorMunki.
Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: Pat Herold on October 20, 2009, 01:49:26 pm
If you are looking to repurchase, and you mainly work with CRT's, a DTP-94 (aka an "Optix") is considered the best colorimeter out there.  Cons: the DTP-94 is officially 'discontinued' so they can be hard to find, they are not so good with "wide gamut" LCD displays, and support for newer operating systems is going to be slow.  
Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: Craig Lamson on October 21, 2009, 07:38:12 am
Quote from: digitaldog
I’d contact X-Rite. I suspect they will charge you for repair and just send you a new one which may be less than purchasing. Its still a very good device, unless you want to now make printer profiles. That being the case, move up to a ColorMunki.


Thanks, does the Munki work well with CRT's and also can I use it on more that 3 computers?  (I have 5 )
Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: Randy Carone on October 21, 2009, 10:36:00 am
From the X-Rite site, Color Munki section:

As of March 2009 the previous 3 seat license restriction has been removed from the ColorMunki Photo product.

Now you can install and run your ColorMunki software on any number of computers that you own! We've been listening to our customers, to the blogs and the many forums that state the ColorMunki 3 seat end-user license policy is difficult to adhere to. Many photographers have indicated that they have more than 3 systems in their studio, and they would like to freely move the device around.

Therefore, X-Rite is immediately changing the 3 seat license policy within ColorMunki Photo and extending the use to an unlimited number of seats.


And yes, it will work with CRT monitors.
Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: digitaldog on October 21, 2009, 11:10:42 am
Quote from: infocusinc
Thanks, does the Munki work well with CRT's and also can I use it on more that 3 computers?  (I have 5 )

Should be no problem. The EULA says something about the number of installs but there’s nothing like activation that prevents you from installing on 5 machines.
Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: neil snape on October 23, 2009, 10:27:13 am
Although the ColorMunki will work with most CRTs it is not optimised for this, so in the documentation it states just this.

I did profile my CRT and it was good enough but is better with thew i1D2 and MAtch.
Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: Craig Lamson on October 23, 2009, 10:55:28 am
Quote from: neil snape
Although the ColorMunki will work with most CRTs it is not optimised for this, so in the documentation it states just this.

I did profile my CRT and it was good enough but is better with thew i1D2 and MAtch.

X-Rite will not repair EOD2, so I bought a Munki and will try it out.  I use my CRT for prepress and if I'm not happy I'll buy another EOD2.  BTW if anyone has a used puck available for sale, please let me know.
Title: Repair an EyeOne Display 2
Post by: Craig Lamson on October 23, 2009, 10:56:21 am
deleted, dupe