Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: AndrewKulin on October 18, 2009, 10:11:55 pm

Title: Experimental Fall Colours
Post by: AndrewKulin on October 18, 2009, 10:11:55 pm
Was out shooting some fall colours in the woods today.  On the way out after finishing up I came up with an idea which was to shoot pictures while walking out with camera hanging around my neck.  What can I say?  I like to multi-task.

Andrew

30 seconds
[attachment=17300:_MG_1255...Object_1.jpg]  
8 seconds
[attachment=17301:_MG_1259...Object_1.jpg]
4 seconds
[attachment=17302:_MG_1260...Object_1.jpg]
[attachment=17303:_MG_1269...Object_1.jpg]
[attachment=17304:_MG_1278...Object_1.jpg]
Title: Experimental Fall Colours
Post by: button on October 18, 2009, 11:25:34 pm
I like that last one quite a bit- very ethereal.

John
Title: Experimental Fall Colours
Post by: Dick Roadnight on October 19, 2009, 03:50:04 am
Quote from: AndrewKulin
Was out shooting some fall colours in the woods today.  On the way out after finishing up I came up with an idea which was to shoot pictures while walking out with camera hanging around my neck.  What can I say?  I like to multi-task.

Andrew
When we start learning photography,we try to get thing sharp, and correct exposed ...but when we get creative we do not. I think you have made camera shake into an art form.
Title: Experimental Fall Colours
Post by: John R on October 19, 2009, 09:14:50 pm
If you or any of us take photos while tripping the shutter as we walk, can we say that we photographed the world in the sense of intended design? I think a case can be made if we design the paramaeters of shooting. And I think that is what Andrew did here. It is not totally random but random within a certain framework.

BTW, I like the second image best. And it is uncanny that I was thinking about posting images that are more like camera motion studies, less random in nature.

JMR