Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cmi on October 18, 2009, 01:18:16 pm

Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: cmi on October 18, 2009, 01:18:16 pm
The middle palais was raised 1676. It is part of the baroque architecture of the region.
I shot this series one month ago when it still was warm.

I think I missed a shot wich shows more of the surrounding and with a real perspective. Not sure about the serie, what do you think?
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: francois on October 19, 2009, 05:54:03 am
I like your serie very much. The light is good. The "detail" shots give a more intimate look and you're probably right... an additional photo that would put the castle in the local landscape would have been nice.
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: cmi on October 20, 2009, 09:21:35 am
Quote from: francois
I like your serie very much. The light is good. The "detail" shots give a more intimate look and you're probably right... an additional photo that would put the castle in the local landscape would have been nice.

Thank you for your impression Francois. Elsewhere I got the suggestion for a different crop of #4. It is not square anymore but I think it fits the subject better.
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: francois on October 20, 2009, 09:53:47 am
Quote from: Christian Miersch
Thank you for your impression Francois. Elsewhere I got the suggestion for a different crop of #4. It is not square anymore but I think it fits the subject better.
Christian,
The rectangular crop is indeed better. It frames the vertical shape of the statue in a more dynamic way. The only downside is that your serie is not "square" anymore but I really don't think that it's a negative point!
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: cmi on October 20, 2009, 10:09:33 am
For the serie I keep it square I guess.
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: francois on October 20, 2009, 11:18:48 am
Quote from: Christian Miersch
For the serie I keep it square I guess.
I agree but your images are also very nice even as individual photos.
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 20, 2009, 02:34:11 pm
Quote from: Christian Miersch
The middle palais was raised 1676. It is part of the baroque architecture of the region.
I shot this series one month ago when it still was warm.

I think I missed a shot wich shows more of the surrounding and with a real perspective. Not sure of the series, what do you think?
Lovely light. I think the third is the most interesting.

Jeremy
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: button on October 20, 2009, 03:43:21 pm
Perfect timing on #4, and it's pretty funny- love it!

John
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: John R on October 20, 2009, 03:43:49 pm
Yes, the light makes all the difference. And the gargoyle stands nicely in the third image.

JMR
Title: Palais, Great Garden, Dresden
Post by: cmi on October 22, 2009, 05:33:31 pm
Thank you  all for your comments.

I figure now, I probably could have captured 10 or 15 more detail shots, plus the surroundings.