Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Brent McCombs on October 17, 2009, 08:48:50 pm
-
I'm looking for the best software that will allow me to batch resize jpg images for web display.
The catch is that I want to be able to set the final size (ie 700 px on the widest side) and have all images come out 700 px on the longest size, no matter what their original size (so even if i've cropped a full size image down some), and in either aspect ratio, landscape or portrait.
Anyone know of a good piece of software, or CS4 plug in, that will do this?
Incidently, I'm on a mac.
B
-
If you're already using Photoshop. Create an action using Automate>Fit Image>700x700.
I'm looking for the best software that will allow me to batch resize jpg images for web display.
The catch is that I want to be able to set the final size (ie 700 px on the widest side) and have all images come out 700 px on the longest size, no matter what their original size (so even if i've cropped a full size image down some), and in either aspect ratio, landscape or portrait.
Anyone know of a good piece of software, or CS4 plug in, that will do this?
Incidently, I'm on a mac.
B
-
In Photoshop CS4 use File>Script>Image Processor and check the box on the right side (Section 3 - File Type) for Resize to Fit", then enter the mximum dimensions for width and height. Also check Save as JPEG as this is what you want. This will apply the settings to all the files you select in the first section of the dialog.
-
Have you tried Phatch (http://photobatch.stani.be/)? It is what I use for most batch tasks.
-
I agree with Mark. Russell Brown's Image Processor Script in Photoshop is very easy to use. I open all the images in The Bridge and orient them to landscape then do the batch resize. After the images are saved in a new folder (in the original folder) I go back and, in one step, re-orient the files back to their correct orientation.
-
http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/1-2-3_SM.mov (http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/1-2-3_SM.mov)
-
I use Eazy thumbnail, does a great job and it's free.
-
In Photoshop CS4 use File>Script>Image Processor and check the box on the right side (Section 3 - File Type) for Resize to Fit", then enter the mximum dimensions for width and height. Also check Save as JPEG as this is what you want. This will apply the settings to all the files you select in the first section of the dialog.
Thank you so much - this is extremely helpful
-
Good - glad it helps.