Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: dlashier on December 28, 2003, 12:31:51 am

Title: Tethering a Canon 10D w/C1 Pro
Post by: dlashier on December 28, 2003, 12:31:51 am
There were reports at RG of 10D tether working, but it appears to be very slow with acquire times on the order of 30 or 40 seconds as opposed to 4 seconds or so with my 1D and firewire.

> How can I tell whether a laptop can be profiled or not?

Try it.

- DL
Title: Tethering a Canon 10D w/C1 Pro
Post by: Phil on December 24, 2003, 02:26:11 am
Two questions:

1. Anyone have any experience running a 10D directly into Capture One Pro?  It worked with my D30 a year ago, even though I couldn't find any documentation about using any of the USB cameras tethered.  I'd like to hear a success story before I waste any time installing the drivers.

2. I recall Michael saying that some laptop screens can be profiled, while others can't.  What determines this?  How can I tell whether a laptop can be profiled or not?

Thanks,

Phil