Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Bill Koenig on October 14, 2009, 03:44:59 pm
-
This link might be of interest to Mac users. Snow Leopard bug. Sorry if this was already posted.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=5006&tag=nl.e550 (http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=5006&tag=nl.e550)
-
When you've got bugs like that, who needs viruses?
-
It appears also that the problem with application crash at save still hasn't been fixed completely yet... more than one month after it was identified and reported by various users and Abode themselves...
SL is clearly not ready for prime time, just like Leopart also wasn't.
My personnal view is that Apple has spead way too thin with the iPhone and other developements, the Mac platform doesn't get the investement is should. I might head back towards wintel when the time will come to upgrade the Mac Pro.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
It appears also that the problem with application crash at save still hasn't been fixed completely yet... more than one month after it was identified and reported by various users and Abode themselves...
SL is clearly not ready for prime time, just like Leopart also wasn't.
My personnal view is that Apple has spead way too thin with the iPhone and other developements, the Mac platform doesn't get the investement is should. I might head back towards wintel when the time will come to upgrade the Mac Pro.
Cheers,
Bernard
mmm
I've run SL since the day it was released. Rock solid. No crashes. No issues. My Leopard machine has unexpected quits more often. (like once a week is more often).
Only issue I've had is PS crashes with I quit it. Never before it finishes saving. weird glitch and has been a problem since 10.4 for me. Nothing to do with Snow Leopard. Doesn't hurt anything so I don't bother tracking it down (assume I have a corrupted pref file somewhere)
As far as the speculation that Apple is way to thin I'm not sure where you even come up with that one. It's not like they are on budget constraints, seeing as how they have about 30b in cash, no debt, and have been pretty much unaffected by the economy. Only reason I could think they would be thin is they can't find enough competent engineers to hire, and that's doubtful.
-
mmm
I've run SL since the day it was released. Rock solid. No crashes. No issues. My Leopard machine has unexpected quits more often. (like once a week is more often).
Only issue I've had is PS crashes with I quit it. Never before it finishes saving. weird glitch and has been a problem since 10.4 for me. Nothing to do with Snow Leopard. Doesn't hurt anything so I don't bother tracking it down (assume I have a corrupted pref file somewhere)
As far as the speculation that Apple is way to thin I'm not sure where you even come up with that one. It's not like they are on budget constraints, seeing as how they have about 30b in cash, no debt, and have been pretty much unaffected by the economy. Only reason I could think they would be thin is they can't find enough competent engineers to hire, and that's doubtful.
The application crash problem when saving jpg files has been a pretty common one (i've had it since the upgrade). There are numerous threads on the official Apple support forum, as well as other Mac forums. Despite a lot of discussion, Apple hasn't chimed in at all. A user posted a solution, and so far it's seemed to have fixed everyone's problem in this area.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?m...5� (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10367835�)
-
The application crash problem when saving jpg files has been a pretty common one (i've had it since the upgrade). There are numerous threads on the official Apple support forum, as well as other Mac forums. Despite a lot of discussion, Apple hasn't chimed in at all. A user posted a solution, and so far it's seemed to have fixed everyone's problem in this area.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?m...5� (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10367835�)
So a quick glance indicates this really isn't a SL problem, but perhaps SL is more sensitive to the root of the problem, which appears to be some corruption in some part of the system, although reading John Nack's column it appears there were some issues they identified which were addressed with 10.6.1.
-
So a quick glance indicates this really isn't a SL problem, but perhaps SL is more sensitive to the root of the problem, which appears to be some corruption in some part of the system, although reading John Nack's column it appears there were some issues they identified which were addressed with 10.6.1.
10.6.1 fixed part of the issues, not all, you might want to ask John directly for more details.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
10.6.1 fixed part of the issues, not all, you might want to ask John directly for more details.
Cheers,
Bernard
Yea. i continued to have the same problem after upgrading to 10.6.1 . It went away after Mr. Pi's fix from the above thread.
jim