Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: lattiboy on October 12, 2009, 06:47:54 pm

Title: the kids in Valencia (B&W)
Post by: lattiboy on October 12, 2009, 06:47:54 pm
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2648/4005827483_2cf498d9a6_o.jpg


(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2648/4005827483_2cf498d9a6_o.jpg)
 (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2648/4005827483_2cf498d9a6_o.jpg)
Title: the kids in Valencia (B&W)
Post by: EduPerez on October 13, 2009, 02:41:46 am
IMHO, there is too much going on that picture to focus on the kids: I would try to crop the picture. I also find them a bit too dark; another think I would try is to lighten them up, perhaps even to the point of washing out the background.

Just my two cents...
Title: the kids in Valencia (B&W)
Post by: RSL on October 13, 2009, 11:11:20 am
Edu, I agree that it's too busy, and I don't catch a story from it. But how would you crop? Also, a few seconds with Shadows/Highlights in Photoshop could brighten the lows and preserve the high background. You wouldn't need to blow it out.