Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Justinr on October 12, 2009, 01:30:29 pm
-
A neighbouring village won this years Tidy Towns competition and I was asked to take some pictures for a local magazine-
Emly Co. Tipperary (http://www.justinseye.com/emly/Emdex.htm)
And yes, those blue skies are for real.
Justin.
-
Certainly looks well cared for. Congrats to them, and to you for the contract!
Mike.
-
Certainly looks well cared for. Congrats to them, and to you for the contract!
Mike.
Thanks Mike although gracing the arrangement with the word 'contract' is somewhat flattering to it. There was, I suspect, an element of skulduggery involved in the final publishing of the magazine and the lack of ...... No, I really ought to say no more.
Justin.
-
Thanks Mike although gracing the arrangement with the word 'contract' is somewhat flattering to it. There was, I suspect, an element of skulduggery involved in the final publishing of the magazine and the lack of ...... No, I really ought to say no more.
Justin.
Now on Youtube, unfortunately the photos's got cropped slightly during upload.
Emly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7UWIMxmQ)
Justin.
-
Here in the U.S. you never see towns this tidy, except in theme parks.
-
Here in the U.S. you never see towns this tidy, except in theme parks.
My apologies I meant to reply ages ago.
It's quite amazing how clean and fresh the place is and it is a genuine community effort. I know a few lads who live there, ordinary working guys, and they really do take a pride in the place and it's not gentrified suburbia as has been suggested elsewhere. They richly deserve the award, no doubt about it.
Justin.
-
You also have a colourful village. I noticed even the gas pump hose was coloured blue! Some nice images in there, as I really like vignettes of small places. Well done!
JMR