Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Timo Löfgren on October 09, 2009, 06:00:09 am

Title: Wind
Post by: Timo Löfgren on October 09, 2009, 06:00:09 am
.......
Title: Wind
Post by: cmi on October 09, 2009, 06:41:42 am
Whoa... Im getting envious

Title: Wind
Post by: francois on October 09, 2009, 07:47:38 am
Another winner, Timo!
Title: Wind
Post by: AndrewKulin on October 09, 2009, 07:49:20 am
Fantastic and I bet that it looks even better on the wall.  

Did you consider lightening up the dark trees near the upper-right just a tiny bit?  That area is coming across on my monitor as black with no detail showing.

Andrew
Title: Wind
Post by: John R on October 09, 2009, 08:27:44 am
Stunning. I like how the cloud formation is repeated inversely in the shape of the rocks, like its being cradled.

JMR
Title: Wind
Post by: jasonrandolph on October 09, 2009, 11:12:36 am
Great composition, great mood, and great tones.  It's a winner in my book too.
Title: Wind
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 09, 2009, 11:17:26 am
Beautiful, as always, Timo.

It always looks as if you spend enough time in the places you photograph to understand deeply what the place has to offer. This is the right way to do large-camera photography, producing well-seen images that are often more profound than is likely from quick, hand-held shots.

Very nice!

Eric

Title: Wind
Post by: Justan on October 09, 2009, 11:25:20 am
Sweet.

Maybe the upper right side wants to be lightened a little to show more details.

But maybe not.
Title: Wind
Post by: wolfnowl on October 09, 2009, 11:34:17 am
Nicely done!  The only thing is... nope, just kidding!

Mike.
Title: Wind
Post by: RSL on October 09, 2009, 12:30:42 pm
Timo, I don't remember whether or not I've already suggested you gather up between 8 and 12 of these and enter them into the 2010 B&W Magazine portfolio contest. Deadline is December 15, and you enter your photographs on a CD, which makes packaging and mailing pretty easy. You can read all about it at http://www.bandwmag.com/contest/index.html (http://www.bandwmag.com/contest/index.html). I just packed up and entered 12 photographs from Korea during the Korean war, but I don't really have much hope they'll make it. I think what you're doing is more in line with what they're looking for.