Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Dinarius on October 03, 2009, 04:35:54 am

Title: Accidentally deleted Default Action in CS4.
Post by: Dinarius on October 03, 2009, 04:35:54 am
I stupidly deleted a default action in CS4.

How can I get it back?

Many thanks.

D.
Title: Accidentally deleted Default Action in CS4.
Post by: jjlphoto on October 03, 2009, 02:16:00 pm
Do you have a clone of your HD with CS4 on it?
Title: Accidentally deleted Default Action in CS4.
Post by: Dinarius on October 04, 2009, 04:49:15 am
No. I only have CS4 on this desktop.

Is it possible to put the CS4 CD in the drive and just extract that one item from it?

Thanks.

D.
Title: Accidentally deleted Default Action in CS4.
Post by: walter.sk on October 04, 2009, 09:56:51 am
Quote from: Dinarius
I stupidly deleted a default action in CS4.

How can I get it back?

Many thanks.

D.
Are you positive that the action file was deleted from the drive?  Or did you replace it when loading another action into CS4?  In the Actions palette click on the top right and get the actions menu.  Click on Load an Action, or whatever the actual wording is, and see if the name of the default actions comes up.
Title: Accidentally deleted Default Action in CS4.
Post by: Dinarius on October 05, 2009, 04:34:24 am
OK, just noticed that the same Action is present in CS3 which I have loaded on another computer.

Can I copy it from this computer and put it in my desktop?

If so, where are Actions stored in CS3 and where should I put it in CS4? Please spell out the route to the directory!  

Many thanks.

D.

Edited: Sorted! Found it in the Adobe folder and was able to resinstall it. Thanks to all. D.