Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: AndrewKulin on September 30, 2009, 11:47:20 pm

Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: AndrewKulin on September 30, 2009, 11:47:20 pm
Photos from Algonquin Provincial Park and surrounding area, taken weekend of Sept 25-27, 2009.

Andrew

[attachment=16916:Algonqui...anorama4.jpg][attachment=16917:Algonqui...Panorama.
jpg]
[attachment=16919:Lake_of_...rs_Misty.jpg][attachment=16918:Canoe_on...o_Rivers.
jpg]
[attachment=16920:Oxtongue...Panorama.jpg][attachment=16922:Yellow_L...nd_River.
jpg]
[attachment=16921:Sunlit_Leaves.jpg]
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: Justan on September 30, 2009, 11:50:30 pm
Wonderful work! You have an excellent eye for composition and a clear ability to capture the essence of the moment
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 30, 2009, 11:57:27 pm
Ditto!
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: byork on October 01, 2009, 01:58:50 am
Andrew, this is very nice work. I like them all but perhaps #5 could have more detail in the foreground rocks and still not detract from the colourful foliage.

Well Done.

Cheers
Brian
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: wolfnowl on October 01, 2009, 02:20:19 am
Hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that it's been 26 years since I worked in Algonquin.  Those images brought back some great memories!!

Mike.
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 01, 2009, 03:35:08 am
Beautiful. I particularly like the first.

Jeremy
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: button on October 01, 2009, 11:08:25 am
Wow... you really cranked out a series of winners here, and I hope you print them all.  Just a technical question:  how did you get the stars to come through so clearly on #2?  Did you pay them?  

Mighty fine work!

John
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: RSL on October 01, 2009, 11:44:51 am
Andrew, This is fabulous work. Wow!
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: jasonrandolph on October 01, 2009, 11:55:22 am
Absolutely outstanding work, Andrew!  I especially like the fog photos.  Beautiful work.
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: AndrewKulin on October 01, 2009, 11:00:04 pm
Wow... Quite the positive reaction from the crowd on this batch.  Very much appreciated.


Quote from: button
Wow... you really cranked out a series of winners here, and I hope you print them all.  Just a technical question:  how did you get the stars to come through so clearly on #2?  Did you pay them?  

Mighty fine work!

John

John:

5x30 second exposures (stitched) at ISO 800 (40D) using an EFs-10-22 at 10 mm.  As the view is to the south there are some minor star trails though these may not be apparent in this down-rezzed version.

Andrew
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: MikePike on October 04, 2009, 07:57:49 am
Number 3 is amazing
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: John R on October 05, 2009, 02:01:38 pm
Some really wonderful images Andrew! I just got back from that area myself, although I did not visit Algonquin. Did you visit Oxtongue rapids (I was there) or Ragged falls?

JMR
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: AndrewKulin on October 05, 2009, 08:24:42 pm
Quote from: John R
Some really wonderful images Andrew! I just got back from that area myself, although I did not visit Algonquin. Did you visit Oxtongue rapids (I was there) or Ragged falls?

JMR

Thanks.

Oxtongue Rapids just west of the park.

Andrew
Title: Algonquin Area Photos
Post by: cmi on October 06, 2009, 02:35:32 pm
These are beautiful. I like 1 and 4 most.