Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on September 30, 2009, 12:53:47 pm

Title: More Turnabout
Post by: RSL on September 30, 2009, 12:53:47 pm
Eric's going to flip over this one. It's pretty severely cropped. But that's what sometimes happens when you're a bit too far away with a 35mm prime on a full-frame camera and you have as much time to make the shot as you can see I had -- less than a second. I'm not terribly happy with this shot because the light just isn't good. Wish I'd had some of HCB's favorite overcast to help out. This one also came from the shoot I did a week ago last Saturday.

[attachment=16905:Kiss_Me.jpg]
Title: More Turnabout
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 30, 2009, 08:07:11 pm
I love all the faces and interactions. Very nice, Russ.

As for cropping: you must understand that it's OK for me to crop, but it isn't OK for you to crop.   

Eric

Title: More Turnabout
Post by: Joe Behar on September 30, 2009, 09:19:20 pm
Quote from: RSL
I'm not terribly happy with this shot because the light just isn't good.

You're kidding, right?

I really can't imagine better light for a shot like that. I usually don't post in this area, but that's one fine photo!

The best one of your recent posts.