Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: jljonathan on September 30, 2009, 02:22:46 am
-
I am about to buy v.1.2.6 of PK Sharpener for Mac and was wondering if anyone knew if a v.2 is anywhere near to being released. If it was, I might wait to purchase.
Thanks
Jonathan
-
I wish they would update it soon and make a lightroom plugin
-
I wish they would update it soon and make a lightroom plugin
Schewe has gone on the record saying that PK routines are already used by LR capture and output sharpening (not sure if he was the one confirming the latter).
-
We're working on PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0. Can't really say when...and we won't be doing a PKS for Lightroom any time since since 2/3 of Sharpener are already in there. Only Creative Sharpening is lacking and we won't be getting hooks into the ACR/LR processing pipeline any time real soon so unless you like rendering your raw file for creative sharpening, it wouldn't make much sense for us to do so since it's easy to edit in Photoshop for effects of a non-metadata nature.
-
@ Mr. Schewe,
Jeff, is the print sharpening in Lightroom robust enough that I can forgo a round-trip to Photoshop to sharpen my images for print?
I'm still soft proofing in PS so I'll need to migrate anyway, but if I can avoid the multiple sharpening and resizing efforts for various print sizes and just sharpen through the print screen in Lightroom that would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Alex
-
Jeff, is the print sharpening in Lightroom robust enough that I can forgo a round-trip to Photoshop to sharpen my images for print?
Yes...that's why we did it...it's what I now use for output sharpening and printing.
-
Thank you sir.
Cheers,
Alex