Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on September 29, 2009, 05:04:38 pm
-
Taken on Lamu, off the Kenyan coast. C&C welcome. Mike, what is it?
[attachment=16887:crab.jpg]
Jeremy
-
Jeremy, Fantastic portraiture.
-
Well-done ... you got nice and low and the bokeh frames the subject nicely!
-
Jeremy,
I'm not Mike, but here goes...
Hard to tell because I can't see the size from the picture, but to me it looks like an East African Mangrove Crab (Cardisoma Carnifex). What is notable is the dimorphic claws, the heart shaped body, and the hairy looking legs. The adult has a carapace width of around 10cm.
Ed
ps Nice shot btw.
-
Jeremy,
I'm not Mike, but here goes...
Hard to tell because I can't see the size from the picture, but to me it looks like an East African Mangrove Crab (Cardisoma Carnifex). What is notable is the dimorphic claws, the heart shaped body, and the hairy looking legs. The adult has a carapace width of around 10cm.
Ed
ps Nice shot btw.
Thanks, all. I took the photo over three years ago, so I can't remember exactly how big it was, but that sounds about right.
Jeremy
-
Thanks, all. I took the photo over three years ago, so I can't remember exactly how big it was, but that sounds about right.
Jeremy
It looks like something that was about to eat you! Hope you managed to leg it with your limbs intact.
-
Thanks, all. I took the photo over three years ago, so I can't remember exactly how big it was, but that sounds about right.
Jeremy
To me it looks about four feet high, six feet wide, and hungry!
Nice shot.
Eric